A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Chris Benoit and family dead

Dark Yoshi

I was about to make a thread about this, but I didn't know how many fans we had on this site either.

I'm pretty upset about Benoit and his family passing away. He was one of my favorite wrestlers, a class act, and one of my personal heroes. I await futher information on this sudden tragedy.

Also, they have changed the setup on RAW tonight. The 3-hour special is now going to be centered on the life and times of Benoit, which is a good move. I also hope they drop the McMahon "death" angle tonight as well, because with Sherri Martel's death and now the death of someone on the WWE's active roster, the storyline would be in HORRIBLE taste if it were to continue.

R.I.P. Chris Benoit - It's sad to think that the last time I saw him at a live show was a month ago at Judgment Day in St. Louis. Benoit lost the match, but he put on a great show...as always.

ChrisBenoit_315.jpg

I don't really watch wrestling much at all anymore, stopped aound the time McMahon or whoever bought WCW and cancelled it, but Benoit was one of the ones I enjoyed watching the most. It seems like everyone I knew of from when I was watching regularly is either retiring, having their career ended by someone or passing away.

Chris may not be with us in person anymore, but the Rabid Wolverine will be immortal.

The WWE has fallen under hard times. All of their major superstars are recovering from a severe injury (Triple H, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Mr. Kennedy, etc) or they have been released (Rob Van Dam, Sabu). Now, one of their greatest competitors is gone.

If you're not watching the USA network right now, you're missing tons of memories.

The WWE has fallen under hard times. All of their major superstars are recovering from a severe injury (Triple H, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Mr. Kennedy, etc) or they have been released (Rob Van Dam, Sabu). Now, one of their greatest competitors is gone.

If you're not watching the USA network right now, you're missing tons of memories.

Actually, HHH is supposed to come back at Summerslam.

Both HHH and Rey Mysterio are supposed to return at SummerSlam.

But that's not until August. What is going to happen now though? I mean...I can barely get over this tragedy. The second I heard about it, I shed tears. I'm not going to deny it...I cried. As Benoit's career grew, so did I, because I watched him every night and he always gave 120%.

In GCW, I perform the Dragon Suplex and the Northern Lights maneuvers just because I like to emulate him. Now, I guess they are tributes to him.

I found some...rather disturbing information just now...

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department, told The Associated Press the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and that the causes of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday. Pope said the bodies were discovered about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

The house is in a secluded neighborhood set back

I found some...rather disturbing information just now...

Wow, I was just about to ask how they died. That was unexpected. I fugured it would just be some kind of poisonous gas in the house or whatnot. Maybe a murder, but not a murder-suicide.

More from WWE.com:

Benoit's death part of a double murder-suicide

Written: June 25, 2007According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

Personally, I cannot believe Benoit could do such a thing. Streak had another plausible situation that we discussed on AIM that could've occured. Benoit left the WWE for "family emergency." The family emergency was Nancy, Chris' wife, accidentally/purposely (who knows) her son and Benoit heading home in a rage. Then...well...he killed her and after realizing what he had done, he killed himself as well.

Both the news reports and Streak's situation could've happened. I really hope that Streak's situation is the reality, because I cannot think of Benoit killing his seven-year-old son.

It's the same company though. They just lost that lawsuit to the World Wildlife Fund back in 2000. You just miss the "Attitude era."

haha I know, but it was around that time when I stopped watching. It wasn't actually for the name change, but more towards that idiotic Raw/Smackdown draft, adding a ton of new characters, and other things I just didn't care for...Plus the rock left for movie making which sucked

More from WWE.com:

Personally, I cannot believe Benoit could do such a thing. Streak had another plausible situation that we discussed on AIM that could've occured. Benoit left the WWE for "family emergency." The family emergency was Nancy, Chris' wife, accidentally/purposely (who knows) her son and Benoit heading home in a rage. Then...well...he killed her and after realizing what he had done, he killed himself as well.

Both the news reports and Streak's situation could've happened. I really hope that Streak's situation is the reality, because I cannot think of Benoit killing his seven-year-old son.

Sorry Slingerland, but seeing as you have no personal affiliation with Benoit, I believe I'm more likely to take the word of the detectives over amateur sleuthing and hunches in this case.

District Attorney Scott Ballard was interviewed on the Fox News channel and stated that a cable was found around the neck on Nancy Benoit. He said Daniel was found face down on his bed, also strangled.

Ballard said in the weight room in the basement, Benoit wrapped a cable from a weight machine around his neck. He first wrapped a cloth around his neck. When Benoit let the cable go, the weights lifted up and straggled him.

TMZ.com has posted the court documents of Nancy Benoit's 2003 request for a restraining order against Chris Benoit as well as custody of Daniel Benoit. Here is the link: http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0626_benoit_dismiss.pdf

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A professional wrestler who killed himself and his family was a former customer of a company implicated in an upstate New York investigation of illegal steroid sales. That's according to the Albany County District Attorney's Office, which is conducting the investigation here. Authorities in Fayetteville, Georgia, say today that Chris Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son before hanging himself over the weekend. Investigators found anabolic steroids in the house and want to know whether the muscular man was unhinged by the bodybuilding drugs, which can cause paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage." In Albany, the DA's office confirms the 40-year-old Benoit was a customer as recently as last year of the south Florida company MedXLife. 2 of its co-owners pleaded guilty to drug charges in Albany County in April, admitting they helped get prescriptions drugs in 2006 for customers in upstate New York who had no medical need for them. The pair testified Signature Pharmacy of Orlando filled the orders. MedXLife, no longer taking orders, attracted customers through its Web site.

Tonight's ECW also started with a message from Vince McMahon apologizing for the Benoit tribute last night, because the WWE had not known these gruesome circumstances at the time. The show went on without mention of Benoit's name and a very entertaining show it was for once (ECW usually sucks).

I'm very shocked and mostly disappointed in how Benoit ended his life. I don't know what to think of him anymore. Plus, didn't he learn anything from when his best friend, Eddie Guerrero, died? His entire career and legacy is now tarnished, because of these acts and will probably be wiped from all records.