A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

How apout some Phan-I mean Guild Wars?

MaxSonic

So the other day, I decided to pick up a copy of Guild Wars for the PC. What really turned me on to this game was the fact that the online play was free. After installing it and starting up my account, I started to play. At first, it seemed really boring, but eventually it grew on me. So dose anyone else on here play. Maybe we can make a guild together.

I used to play the first two games a lot. Factions is the bestter of the first two (Assassin is so fucking sick, plus faction battles are fun as hell) but I didn't bother to get Nightfall. GW2 is coming, so I'll definately peek at that.

I might decide to reinstall it. I'm in the middle of the slums, which are fucking huge, and the missions are a pain.

I used to play the first two games a lot. Factions is the bestter of the first two (Assassin is so fucking sick, plus faction battles are fun as hell) but I didn't bother to get Nightfall. GW2 is coming, so I'll definately peek at that.

I might decide to reinstall it. I'm in the middle of the slums, which are fucking huge, and the missions are a pain.

Uh, Factions is the worst out of all three. I'm not a huge fan of NF but it's definitely better than Prophecies and Factions. NF, Proph, Factions from best to worst. GW2 won't be coming until 2009 in full-form, the beta is due next year sometime.

Also, Assassins are overrated. It was my factions character and they're weak as piss and have to waste too many of their oh-so small 8 skill slots with combos. I do like Shadowstepping and Shadowform (can't get hit by anything for 18 or so seconds). (Should also mention that GW had shadowstepping before WoW did.)

I've played both WoW and GW and neither are worth the hype. WoW took less time to get bored with, but required much more dedication. GW is a pick-up-and-play game which is more suited to the casual gamer, hence the no online fees.

End.

I hate all MMOs equally, and I'm not spending my money on them...

GW is an Online RPG, not so much an MMO, since the only time you're playing with people is when you're in a town or in the same party. Everything outside of towns are Instances.

I couldn't get into Prophecies, and I didn't care for an African-themed MMO, so Factions was it for me.

And my Assassin kicked ass, so obviously you were doing it wrong, Andrew :P

Have you ever even played one Aero? That is kindof stupid to hate a genre just because it costs monthly fees.

Did the word "because" even slip out of my mouth? The resolution is actually backwards - I wouldn't spend good money on an MMO because I don't like them.

Just overpriced minor expansion packs which amount to the same thing.

So you just buy, like...one...I got the first one on sale, and the second one I bought on a whim cause I wanted a game for my laptop.

It's, like, 20 bucks for WoW, 15 bucks a month or something. If you go a day without playing it, you're in a sense, wasting money. At least with GW, if I go a day without playing, it's not that big of a deal.

My mom plays Wii. What are you trying to say MikeL?

Anywho, I made an important decision yesterday: my second class. I chose to be a Warrior/Monk, and now I'm sorta regretting it. The necromancer had such kick ass powers. ;_;