A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Recruiting Spriters for Sonic Galaxy

Fangame Thread

I'm needing big, BIG sprite assistance. Although I'm good at making them, I'm better at organizing the engine, creating a story, think about the final result...

I need someone to make me whatever I ask him/her to do, involving pixel art, sprites for the characters, sceneries, stages, that sort of thing.

They need to be in advance style and need to look like the originals from the Advance series, but as brand new as possible. I think Skylights made a great advance sheet of Tikal, but I'll only use her palette and jump and spindash animations.

I need more than the main characters' sprites. I'm thinking about adding a Free Mode to the game, and I'm trying to get as much cool characters as possible.

And the main characters will need emotions and movements for the cutscenes, and I'm better at costumizing sprites in a minimal way. Emotions and movements are very complex.

I'm willing to let the Free Mode for later. Right now, the most important part is the main characters, and emotions for them.

I have most of the gameplay sprites under control, but the so wanted cutscene sprites don't even exist.

I'm specially worried with sprites for Espio, Fang, Eggman and Metal Sonic. I know good sheets for Metal Sonic, but ones have what others don't, and are very distinct. I need someone to help me join them.

Don't just read this topic and think to yourselves "Meh, someone will offer, or he'll learn himself". Post here all you have to say, give me advices about: a) spriters you know; B) How to make sme of the work myself.

Or tell me if this topic shouldn't even be here. I'm not registered in Pixeltendo, but if I was, I would make a topic there.

Say no, say yes, say something, because I can't stay here like a tree waiting someone to appear. The ones who know about this subject, may encourage me to give up and learn to make sprites myself, but I really need help. You all will get credit.

Don't take me as being rude, I'm not. I'm only trying to avoid past events, by demanding any kind of reply.

Your game lacks any substantial evidence that it exists, therefore, asking for help is unneccessary. You also ask for a lot of material with nothing to back it up.

I may be back in Nebraska for a week, but that doesn't mean I can't find a computer and lock this topic.

Actually screenshots were posted later in the thread.

I'm opening this topic now, but there have been lots of these topics, and believe me—no one's going to sprite you anything. You really need your game to be above average if anyone's going to want to contribute artwork.

And a little Disgaea raping with photoshop later...

(Angel, Volcanus, and the bow graphics to be precise)

attachment.php?attachmentid=207&stc=1&d=1177880025

The Aquatic Ruin zone thing is just there to provide it with a temporary platform.

You didn't make this? I thought you were working with him after I saw this.

It was natural that I assumed that you were working with him.

• 3 weeks later...