A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

:: Sonic - The Lost Paradox ::

GameTitlePROMOsmall.jpg

© Huepow00 – DreamStone Productions

Sonic : The Lost Paradox INTRO & GAMEPLAY VIDEO

DOWNLOAD ALPHA RELEASE HERE

Our story opens with Sonic racing to escape a massive Space Station as it fall’s towards the planet’s surface on a collision course. Free-falling into the atmosphere with the destroyed Station in the distance, Sonic – Having successfully stopped the evil Dr. Eggman yet again, awaits Tail’s to show up and get him to safety. Suddenly, a bright light emits from the station blinding all around it. When it finally clears, the entire structure has disappeared. Confused and hurtling towards the surface at breakneck-speeds, Sonic suddenly winks out of existence as well…What has happened?

Features Include:

+ Day/Night elements

+ Innovative Cutscenes

+ Push-Block puzzles, Switch-Maze puzzles, & Ice-Maze puzzles

+ Jumping ability

+ Springs & Zippers

+ Speed & Adventure Courses

+ Character Upgrades

+ Time Loop Countdown

Screenshots:

Intro01.jpg

Intro02.jpg

woodvillage.jpg

alpineforest01.jpg

alpineforest02.jpg

Could you stack you images instead of having them streach the table?

I have yet anywhere in the way the code was being done, seen the images stretched across the table, they've always BEEN stacked...

That being said, I think I know what you ment, so I stacked the code as well...

I hate all of those cliche puzzles you just mentioned.

As do I, which is why there are not going to be MANY of them, much less realy big ones...

They are only to be small ones that are preaty easy to solve, durring the non-Action courses.

The action courses are what are going to be fun - Their the original concept that I built my (Not-Yet-Advertised Here on SFGHQ except in the screenshot thread) Sonic RPGMaker2000 Engine.

In my opinion, the story isn't the least bit original at all. It needs major work. The intro was incedible long and boring, I got to the point where I was so sick of seeing that damn falling sprite with the Death Egg, just inching and inching along, that I just started skipping ahead. I would skip, it's still falling. Again? Still falling. Jesus christ. The Battles are really cliche and boring, not edited from the original Rm2k format at all. The people look like normal Rm2k sprites, totally unoriginal, and so do the tilesets (Even if they aren't, I don't care. They still look like it.)

All in all, this is just the same Sonic RPG that has been posted many, many times, except with a very very long intro. (All of which is just falling.)

(Please, nobody start bitching at me. I gave constructive criticism, I tol him what I didn't like about it and whatnot. Come on.)

Spike In my opinion, the story isn't the least bit original at all. It needs major work. The intro was incedible long and boring, I got to the point where I was so sick of seeing that damn falling sprite with the Death Egg, just inching and inching along, that I just started skipping ahead. I would skip, it's still falling. Again? Still falling. Jesus christ. The Battles are really cliche and boring, not edited from the original Rm2k format at all. The people look like normal Rm2k sprites, totally unoriginal, and so do the tilesets (Even if they aren't, I don't care. They still look like it.)

All in all, this is just the same Sonic RPG that has been posted many, many times, except with a very very long intro. (All of which is just falling.)

(Please, nobody start bitching at me. I gave constructive criticism, I tol him what I didn't like about it and whatnot. Come on.)

What little bit of the story you got, I'm sure.

But who knows, I'm not sure I explained it here at all.

The story is about sonic being caught in a time paradox, in which time keeps shifting backwards periodically, faster and faster.

He travels with tails to the source to stop Robotnik, and eventually put an end to the Loop he's fallen into.

2 - Inoe the intro is too long, it's only an Alpha release, and I havn't gotten much feedback at ALL, But I do know it's too long and it's allready been taken care of a while ago (this Alpha Release is a few months old)

Battles are simple because I didn't want to put much effort into it. This entire game is only a side-project I work on when I'm whiped out from working on my Einhander and Klonoa FanGames.

The NPC's will likely get facelifts' I didn't have much time to realy put any thought into that...

The chipsets are realy unoriginal, ya. Like I said, not alot of effort is going into this, the engine is outdated anyways.

---> 3. LOL yesh, Inoe - don't worry, theres a reason he's in a log cabbin in the middle of nowhere.

Battles are simple because I didn't want to put much effort into it. This entire game is only a side-project I work on when I'm whiped out from working on my Einhander and Klonoa FanGames.

The NPC's will likely get facelifts' I didn't have much time to realy put any thought into that...

The chipsets are realy unoriginal, ya. Like I said, not alot of effort is going into this, the engine is outdated anyways.

Apparently you don't give a shit about this project then. What is the point of posting it here, when you are just going to say "Oh well, I don't care so I'm not going to put any effort into it."?

I didin't say i wasn't putting ANY effort into it...Just not as much as my other projects.

The entire goal of this project long before I joined here, was to make a short sonic game to come up with ideas for an eventual (and allready released by now) Sonic Engine for RPGMaker. And not go overboard and spend too much time on it.

I wanna eventually finish this, and If i work on it as hard as the THREE other projects im working on, it will likely fall between the cracks.

And, looking back on whats been done on it, and my allready release engine - I'd say I've allready succeded quite well.

All's left is to actually finish and implement everything.

Apparently you don't give a shit about this project then. What is the point of posting it here, when you are just going to say "Oh well, I don't care so I'm not going to put any effort into it."?

Your doing it again, shut up.

Story sounds fine to me.

Dont listen to what they WANT to hear, do what you orginally planned to do.

If I may say something about it.

I take everyones criticism good or bad - Because I wan't to hear what people have to say so I can fix things or just get an idea of who to target the game towards.

That being said, I don't intend to put more effort and more work into this game than I had intentionally and allready planned.

I'm the only one working on this game, and I figure, as long as some people think it's fun to play then, as long as I think its fun to play, then it's worth it.

Your doing it again, shut up.

God, I hate you so much. Fuck you.

But Huepow00, more members should take criticism as well as you do. If you want to do things your way, I don't mind. I'm just simply telling you what i thought was wrong with it.

Actually that was constructive criticism Spike, you gave your opinion on his game/story while refraining from using offensive words like "OMG THIS GAME SUCKS BALLS, GO FUCK YOURSELF, THIS GAME IS HOPELESS, LOLOOLOLOL"

For that, I applaud you, it must of been tough to do.

All in all, this is just the same Sonic RPG that has been posted many, many times.(All of which is just falling.)

I've noticed that too, RPGMaker must be popular now, but everyone DOES have they're own taste in game programs.

At any rate, could you and Sereph please refrain from going any further with this petty arguement? Just don't reply to each other nor state an opinion if it's gonna make waves in this topic. Seriously, it's been happening WAY too much now.

Huepow00: So far, everything is looking alright, but I have to agree with spike with the long intro, I actually had enough time to make some popcorn and return for the gameplay. XD

Good stuff though.

Midi: +1

Kinsey?