A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So, how 'bout them Pocket Monsters

Spike

I got a question for people.

If I have a Tyrogue, which has 2 abilities. Does whatever ability it has, directly corellate to what ability the evolution will have? Or is the evolutions ability randomly determined when it evolves?

The reason being, I'm breeding to get an Adamant Tyrogue to evolve it into a Hitmonchan, but I want a Hitmonchan with Iron Fist.

So I want to know if my Tyrogue along with being Adamant, will need to have a specific ability as well for when it evolves.

hahaha clever Pheonix lol

My friend told me about that trick a whie ago :P

Hey, it's how I added 9 lvs to my Gabite in the daycare while I went and watched TV :P

(Also, I feel accomplished for scoring 2 Ralts', each a different gender. I'm leaving them in the daycare overnight, while Mr. Scotch tape grinds them)

Gardevoir gets Trace/Syncronize and an awesome collection of support moves, making it an overall better team player than Gallade. Gallade, however, gets the better offensive capabillities. It's all a matter of preference - Gallade is Physical, Gardevoir is Special.

Oooh Ralts secks. I want in!!! (not like that)

which reminds me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JZzKJTng1U

I have a whole bunch of Feebas lying around that you might want. Also can breed you Gible, Cyndaquil, Heracross, Combee, Aerodactyl, bunch of other stuff.

Ohh, Cyndaquil and Heracross? Me likie.

I'll probably immorally grind two other Pokemon (leveling them up while I slept resulted in them going from lv 20 to lv 40 D: ) so whatever two I shove in there, they'll have sex. I might just grind Gardevior and the other one some more, or maybe Omanyte, since I want that bastard to evolve to add it to my dex. I'll decide later tonight, and let you dudes know.

I wanna get a whole bloddy market going here. Someone's gotta catch them all EVENTUALLY.

Me too, I got Palkia off of GTS for the price of a Lvl. 100 Empoleon.

It's not a lost though it looks like it, I'm breeding a shitload of piplups anyways so that's a profit. Yay for breeding!

That's...not a loss? Getting any Pokemon to level 100 is time-consuming...and you traded a level 100 Pokemon you could have used against people for a Pokemon that's banned in most real battles? Sounds like a major loss in my opinion...especially since you don't need to have owned it to complete your Pokedex =/.

That's...not a loss? Getting any Pokemon to level 100 is time-consuming...and you traded a level 100 Pokemon you could have used against people for a Pokemon that's banned in most real battles? Sounds like a major loss in my opinion...especially since you don't need to have owned it to complete your Pokedex =/.

Actually, it's not as bad as you think.

See, I could breed another piplup and train it to lvl 100 as quickly as I did before. I also saved my rare candies for such an event.

And I ask you, what are the chances of me getting a Palkia for that price on GTS?

Those people on there are really retarded when it comes to legendaries, they want ridiculous trades for Palkia and other legendaries. This was actually really, a good deal, because I have a ton of piplups, and I can lvl them up to lvl 100 in as little as 2-3 days.

I fight the Elite 4 almost everyday. So really, it isn't a total loss.

Hell, I gave away a lvl 100 Gyrados for a shiny Mightyena. What are the chances of me finding one myself, than lvling up a gyrados to 100?

Also, I'm not using legendaries for Battle tower, as you can see in my Trainer's card. I can always lvl up another one in as little as 2-3 days, seriously.

Uh..I got a Palkia for pretty damned cheap...and I certainly didn't trade my lv 100 starter.

Oi...forget it guys. If TRD wants to throw away lv 100 Pokemon just for shinies (pointless) and Legendaries (banned from SFGHQ tournaments), let him.

Call it what you want, it wasn't a bad deal, especially since I don't USE LEGENDARIES IN BATTLE TOWER, I'm fully aware of that. I can get more of them anytime. OK? I have other lvl. 100 pokemon you know. =\

But anyways, let's just please move on? If this is gonna cause a pointless

arguement on what's a good deal and what's not, then just forget it.