A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

"Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games"

Serephim

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"we may finally learn who is actually faster, Mario or Sonic?""

I did find that incredibly stupid as well, it'd be hands-down Sonic. As Mario has never even been portrayed as being fast, while Sonic has been pumped up as being not only fast, but extremely agile (Sonic Next, when he's falling backwards and flips over like a cat to land right-side up, etc). I hate when they say idiotic things like that. Something like "maybe now we can finally see who's the better athlete" or something would've made much more sense, as Mario has become quite the acrobat in recent years (wall kicks, somersaults, that spin-attack thing, etc).

"we may finally learn who is actually faster, Mario or Sonic?""

I did find that incredibly stupid as well, it'd be hands-down Sonic. As Mario has never even been portrayed as being fast, while Sonic has been pumped up as being not only fast, but extremely agile (Sonic Next, when he's falling backwards and flips over like a cat to land right-side up, etc). I hate when they say idiotic things like that. Something like "maybe now we can finally see who's the better athlete" or something would've made much more sense, as Mario has become quite the acrobat in recent years (wall kicks, somersaults, that spin-attack thing, etc).

Well Miyamoto IS Japanese and he is pretty wacky so...

Anyway if they're going to do this they mind as well put Sonic in SSBB.

This game is gonna be sweet, and I'm about 2 quarters away from getting enough cash to buy a Wii. Look out Ya'll!

Oh noez.

Also, Shiggy, buddy, pal...please look up "Sonic" in the dictionary. Kthx.

lol @ Nintendo not trusting Sega to handle this on their own. When I saw "developed by Sega" I gasped. Though not everything Miyamoto touches is gold (Dinosaur PlanetStarFox Adventures)

Could've had Mario and Sonic together in a platformer. Or in a kickass Action-RPG. Or in a standard RPG, even.

We get a minigame-a-thon.

...I ****ing hate those. And Mario will get disqualified from the Olympics for mushroom abuse.

Minigame collection? On my Wii?!

It's a good thing Wii's getting a sports minigame collection finally. I totally wish it came with one.

I smell a bad a game. Most of the events wont make sense. Shot Putt? Knuckles or Big would pwn everyone else. long jump? obviously sonic. Unless they try and do something from sonic labyrinth, like sticking weights on all the sonic characters. But that's dumb too.

Oh noez.

Also, Shiggy, buddy, pal...please look up "Sonic" in the dictionary. Kthx.

lol @ Nintendo not trusting Sega to handle this on their own. When I saw "developed by Sega" I gasped. Though not everything Miyamoto touches is gold (Dinosaur PlanetStarFox Adventures)

.....Is that suppose to mean something to me?

I'm aware of that, Aero.

@Phoenix:

DUUUUH!!!!

But if it's gonna be an olympic game, there's gonna be multiple events other than racing and what not....

Anyways, thats my opinion.

I dunno what's worse, the fact that you're name isn't Shiggy (short for Shigeru. As in, Shigeru Miyamoto. So no, the sentence that was separated by a break was not directed towards you.) or the manner that you said "DUUUUUH."

I was saying, that Sonic is named Sonic for a reason, and as other people quoted, Shiggy said "WHO ARE TEH FASTEST?" I love the guy, but that right there is worthy of a "Duh!"

btw, this game better have curling. <3 the idea of one player throwing the stone and the other two sweeping, and Team Nintendo vs. Team Sega in a curling match would be epic.

I know who will be faster!! Whichever character I choose, because I'm winning.

If it does come down to each characters specialty, Sonic loses anything in the water and Mario loses anything involving track and a couple of field events. Why do I say "a couple of track events?" Remember in the Sonic CD "bad" ending when Sonic chucked a rock like a bazillion miles and nailed Robotnik as he was flying away? Javelin throw ftw.

I know who will be faster!! Whichever character I choose, because I'm winning.

If it does come down to each characters specialty, Sonic loses anything in the water and Mario loses anything involving track and a couple of field events. Why do I say "a couple of track events?" Remember in the Sonic CD "bad" ending when Sonic chucked a rock like a bazillion miles and nailed Robotnik as he was flying away? Javelin throw ftw.

Would they allow him to spindash like that? :E

Mario would own in shotput (sp?) and discus.(sp?) Mario 64 boss fights?

Also, Tails+long jump=hax