A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

"Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games"

Serephim

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These pranks are getting more and more subtle. When you can only disertain fact from bullshit based on the date, it's no fun. The hints should be obvious, and the state that SEGA is in right now doesn't help the legitimacy of this announcement. The fact that it's IGN does, but still...

Because that's where the next Olympics are being held. It's not like it's the annual Super Bowl, it's a fricken world-wide event.

~~EDIT~~

DW: Because obviously the winter season is when the most games are sold, holidays and all. Why release a game about the Olympics after they're over in Dec. 08? Silly goose.

Its just the elaborate enough prank to be the joke of the century.

I dunno...

Sonic Xtreme's "releasing" on Sonic CulT was pretty awesome.

INTERVIEW!!! OMG READ IT. If this is a hoax...then they're going very very far...

http://ncroal.talk.newsweek.com/default.asp?item=546590

I think this shit's real, dudes. There's no doubt in my mind.

Still fricken' wierd, though. Sonic's pretty much gaurenteed in Brawl now, probably as a hidden character, so when someone unlocks him, there's going to be a huge buzz.

I'd wager more money on an memory card-assisted unlockable trophy.

I wouldn't. There isn't even any affirmation that trophies will be in Brawl.

Which is probably why I said it. Granted it'd have been more obvious to say something like "flying pigs" or "blue moon", but since this game was announced in the first place the ground's a bit rocky for speculation.

Well the interview was all "Nintendo loves Sega right now <33333" and Sega was all "Aw sweet, and Ninty's out of my league these days." Nintendo was interested in Sonic being in Brawl, and with all of this "making a new game together on the Wii and DS, with the Sigginator" business, it's becoming more possible.