A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ok! Read This For God's Sake!

Ok ladies and gentlemen, this all started off as a very elaborate and fairly cool April Fool's joke, but obliviously you all took it WAY too seriously and now things are blowing up left and right. So let me explain everything for you all...

About a half a year ago we came up with the plan to initiate this joke by creating a FAKE mod forum. What you saw was NOT the real mod forum, it was a fake that we posted stupid stuff in for the purpose of the joke. OBVIOUSLY, you people got super pissed because you ACTUALLY thought that was the real mod forum, but we just fluff it up. That is NOT the moderator's lounge, that's a fake, it was designed to be a joke, but you guys over reacted and it was unleashed early. We actually had a whole plan on how to do the joke over a course of a week. Koray is not actually banned, that's a joke too. It was all a big prank and the reactions were far greater than we expected.

The idea was that this would eventually return in the form of the fake mod forum becoming our new CAMP forum, for the new age of the board. It was going to be a funny thing that ended in a nice, highly desired gift for the community. It was meant to be a bit of comedy to brighten things up and then some. But what happened? Everyone got ultra over-pissed over something that was obviously not real. I thought everyone would at least have enough confidence in us to get THAT. But apparently I was wrong. Sorry for trying to let everyone have a little fun, I was expecting a wholly different reaction.

Instead, you guys decided to take it as the real mod forum being a place full of spam and that we're all a bunch of useless fucks who don't actually discuss forum issues. Thanks guys, I appreciate the vote of confidence. So much so even, that now Scatt's leaving because all you guys could think to do was find ways to make him feel like shit. You've managed to take a hard working, really great guy and break him. Good fucking job, really. I hope your real proud.

In the end, this was going to result in a big gift for everyone here, as it's been requested time and again and we were just waiting for everyone's maturity level would reach a high enough point AND the noob count on the forum was low enough that we could bring back CAMP without fearing it spilling over into GD (which is why it was taken down in the first place). Now though, I'm not so sure everyone is ready. I'll still probably bring back CAMP in a few hours, but I'd like some feedback.

So.... thoughts?

((And on a side note, my comments of "you did this" or "you did that" obviously don't apply to everyone, but those who did what they did know who they are.)))

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you realize that jokes/sarcasm are very hard to differ from actual truth on the internet. A lot of you guys barely post at all so its really hard to say wether or not you would do this. I did have some trouble believing Rael, Scatta, and Slinger would be in on it however. That along with the fact that this isn't an April Fool's joke, because it isn't on April Fool's. Basically what I'm saying is this is in no way our fault. You guys tried to play a prank and failed. Don't try to blame this shit on us.

Really though. Your fault.

EDIT: Not your as in you. I mean the mod team in general.

MIGHT I ADD, that this was NOT supposed to be opened THIS EARLY. I don't know HOW that happened, the joke was played off WAY ahead of schedule. I don't remotely understand why. It was supposed to be 3-4 days before the first, with an epic saga of power struggle between Koray, who uses a back door in the forum he set up to unban himself and gain admin powers and me. Somehow.... it happened.... like 5 days earlier than it was supposed to.

To anyone who didn't find it funny as a result of that, I'm sorry. This is an April Fool's joke executed far too early in the entire wrong manner. That part is a fuck up on us, I have no denying that. However, a lot of you DID over react, fuck up or not, it's no reason to drive Scatt's out of the forum, seriously. Although I wasn't the one who opened the forums early, etc. etc., the fact is, I am an admin here. And as such, I accept full responsibility for any and all actions of my mod staff. So if you have any anger to direct at anyone about this, direct it at me. That is all. That means that, as far as you're all concerned, this isn't anyone's fault but mine. So, whaddya got? Hit me.

Yo. Guys. Happy 4/1. Again.

I know for a fact that the mod forum has been a place of giddy little jokes for far longer than just the past half year.

Really though, anyone who took that topic seriously was a freakin' moron. If you can't discern between that and seriousness online, you have no business even being online.

I don't even know what went on in that thread after I stopped posting in it, so I don't know anything about driving Scatta out. If you could fill me in that would be great.

DW: Don't give me that crap. I barely talk to anyone here outside of the forums so how would I know?

Honestly? It wasn't funny. At all. It was stupid. Retarded. I've said that already, haven't I? Well it's nice to repeat the message so that the people understand it better.

As a matter of fact, I think I'll do it again:

It wasn't funny. At all. It was stupid. Retarded.

EDIT: What is CAMP?

Really though, anyone who took that topic seriously was a freakin' moron. If you can't discern between that and seriousness online, you have no business even being online.

You fail. as SFGHQ is now, everyones an uptight arse waiting to get banged.

it just takes the right phallus to make them realize its not as nice as it its cracked up to be.

--

I gotta give it up to you guys, I was like " well damn " for a while. I guess im damn gullible..

but dont ever do that again unless its actually April 1st.

I don't even know what went on in that thread after I stopped posting in it, so I don't know anything about driving Scatta out. If you could fill me in that would be great.

DW: Don't give me that crap. I barely talk to anyone here outside of the forums so how would I know?

Picture this. Its 10 days till April Fools. The topic is about Koray saying that the moderators intend to destroy SFGHQ and hack all of the users computers. What else is there to know?

And Midiman, I really gotta say you are indeed one gullible mofo.

Picture this. Its 10 days till April Fools. The topic is about Koray saying that the moderators intend to destroy SFGHQ and hack all of the users computers. What else is there to know?

The brace position, the url for some Spybot updates and a webpage for deep breathing exercises?

DW makes a point there, I must say. However, I apologize for this whole thing being deployed far too early, but I wasn't around to catch it, so it's my fault more than anyone's.

Midi, go back and read the 2nd post I made. k? Thx. And yes, a new version of CAMP is back. Have fun everybody.

Spike: Yes, it's like a spam forum. That's exactly what it is. We're gonna try and see how it works out.

Blues: It was just getting started, it was going to escalate much further but now apparently people are leaving over it because they somehow didn't get the idea that me running a giant cocaine smuggling operation and using SFGHQ as a cover is a joke.