A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[3D Scrap] Ikaruga

SefirothDB

Had to do this for Geona because he's sexy (although not as much as Rael, duh). It's *very* rushed, so I'm not too satisfied with the result (you can see some clipping and whatnot), but imma post it anywai AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Loose take on the Ikaruga ship, ~33k triangles, faked global illumination and used a fancy new renderer that enhances the edges. I'll be using that GI+renderer combo in the future since it makes my production shots sexy and professional <.<

Ikaruga.jpg

• Like 1

I'll be using that GI+renderer combo in the future since it makes my production shots sexy and professional <.<

Erm...it can look sexier? Damn...I can't wait, I think it looks sweet already. Of course, this is coming from the guy who can't draw Sonic's quills :3.

No way...because we have SAM FREAKING KELLER.

samkeller.jpg

Sleeper national championship run

Plus, we're kinda...shifting gears from the formerly invincible option game (back to back championships in '94 & '95? Yus) to the West Coast offense. It's been a long road.

Oh ya...and Sef's model is still freakin tight. Let's see some colorinz now.

thats a scrap? wtf
It was clearly rushed, lacking detail in many areas.

Take the joint between the engines and the central pod: I merely elaborated on the back section while slapping a quickly made "casing" that covers the remaining 2/3. When you look at each part individually you see how they're simple, plain geometrical shapes with no complexity whatsoever.

Am I being too harsh on it? Maybe. But if I were to add that model into my portfolio, I'd pimp it quite a bit more with mesh detail. And later a texture, but that goes without saying.

So that rendering engine just sticks pedobears in there? Nice.
Pixel shader +3.0 only though!