A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

NiGHTS on the Wii? Here we go again

Pheonix Gamma

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Prope developing this is true, it's about damned time. I thought they were going to be one of those random companies that is made and doesn't do anything for like 4 year (ala that one team that broke off from Rare and is releasing their first game this year).

I'm pretty sure it's being handled by Sonic Team instead of Prope, but we'll know more soon. I've wanted a NiGHTS sequel for years and years, and now one is coming I'm not sure how I feel. Perhaps if recent Sonic games hadn't been so lackluster I'd be more enthusiastic. Let's hope it's not an April Fool's joke, and that it's not going to completely suck.

Then we're all doomed.

I dunno, Sonic Team seem to still contain talent with good games like Sonic and the Secret Rings, Puyo Pop Fever 2, Rub Rabbits and PSU while medicore games like Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog seem to indicate otherwise.

Yes I find the fact that SONIC teams bad games are Sonic games slightly odd ...

First of all, there is no Sonic Team at least not in a long time. Second, Prope developing NiGHTS is completely likely, he could've somehow been granted the rights to the series after starting the development team.

Sonic Team is simply a label they use to brand stuff with, as the team changes constantly (even if there are core people, aka "the Sonic Team" still involved) and sometimes they don't even make the game- someone else does.

Sonic Team is simply a label they use to brand stuff with, as the team changes constantly (even if there are core people, aka "the Sonic Team" still involved) and sometimes they don't even make the game- someone else does.

Okay if we go by the original Sonic Team, then yes all members have long gone.

But in SEGA there is still a core department called Sonic Team, such their other departments like AM2 and New Entertainment. Course the Sonic Team brand is used more often because its the most recognized studio that SEGA have.

When and where? As I haven't really been paying attention.
Here.
What would you say is Prope's main objective?

Naka: We're not going to be doing any ports or sequels: we only want to create original entertainment. We want to make works that have the power to fill the children of the world with dreams.

So you don't have any plans to revisit any of your old Sega properties?

Naka: That's right. At present, I have no such intentions.

Funny thing, I've read that article before. He clearly says "at present" and he specificaly says "ports or sequels." A remake doesn't classify as a port or a sequel, and "at present" means he may change his mind and revisit an old property.. possibly remake it.

So, basically, Naka didn't deny working on this project.

I don't care who the hell makes it as long as it kicks arse. As long it plays like NiGHTS I'm cool. It would be nice to see them expand on the formula too. NiGHTS is one of my favorite all time games, and if any game in the world deserved a remake/sequel, it's NiGHTS. Namco is putting Splatterhouse on VC, SEGA is making a new NiGHTS, and Wii is getting Guilty Gear and Guitar Hero. Looks like all is good for MaxSonic.

Takeshi Izuka is at the helm of this project...?

Oh...dear

Anyway, if people want to have a look at the screens from the gamereactor mag, here they are and boy does NiGHTS look terrible...the actual level and boss look rather good though.

SCAN 1

SCAN 2

SCAN 3

Although if I remember correctly, Sonic and the Secret Rings didnt look all to excellent at E3 and ended up being a pretty awesome looking game, heres hoping.

Graphics are acceptable for Wii standards, I guess. The original was pretty because of the art anyways, it's not a game that needs uber grafix.

Scans say NiGHTS is Wii exclusive... "for the time being". Online functions, new characters? (onoes), 2 player mode, official announcement next month, blah blah bla- Iizuka? He created the original NiGHTS, that's good. And Sonic Heroes, that's no good. UGH.

Don't **** this up SEGA.

The first NiGHTS had a two player option as well. I'm not sure they even make games without a multiplayer mode of some sort anymore.

lawl, Spongebob eyelashes. And that concept sketch is pretty horrible in quality. I dunno, I have mixed feeling towards the redesign. However, the gameplay looks really fun. It looks like it might be back-view this time (Or whatever the gamer term is..) as opposed to a sidescrolling, I mean.

EDIT: Then again, it could just be the fact that they took interesting angle shots. Just as they did with first NiGHTS before its release.

Okay if we go by the original Sonic Team, then yes all members have long gone.

But in SEGA there is still a core department called Sonic Team, such their other departments like AM2 and New Entertainment. Course the Sonic Team brand is used more often because its the most recognized studio that SEGA have.

Not even true. If this were the case, then Sonic Advance and Sonic Battle would have to have been done by the same team as the people who worked on the console titles. How many team members do they share? None. Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic for the XB360 were both developed by "Sonic Team" at the same time, and yet neither of these teams shared a workforce or leadership.

Sonic Team is just a logo slapped on to whatever project they feel like associating with certain franchises.

Graphics are acceptable for Wii standards, I guess. The original was pretty because of the art anyways, it's not a game that needs uber grafix.

First, no they aren't. Those graphics are ugly by last gen standards. Last Gen Playstation 2 standards. I'm hoping its prototype artwork, but I may be disappointed.

Second, NiGHTS was a whole lot of Eye Candy and was one of the most graphically wowing games on any console at the time of its conception.