A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Blast 3: Final Mix

MSUK

For Quite some time now i've been making games, some ive been fairly proud of, some i have wanted to completley recreate. Sonic Blast 3 is one of them, The worst game i ever made. I wanted to just delete it, but i could'nt, because i might want to look back at how i did them back then, when i was 8. i used to call myself greensonic games, but i outgrew the name and called myself metalslugukgamez. In fact, i would like you to play sonic blast 3, and share the hatred. I don't mind you flaming it, don't worry, i don't hold grudges, and i already said, i hate it.

Dont worry people, Unlike chaos, this is only 3 megs.

(I'm afraid i've took the link down, to avoid argument.)

Right. To get to the point, i was looking at kingdom hearts a few weeks ago(almost best RPG ever!!!!) and noticed that there was an Japanese version called KH: Final Mix. AHA! gave me an idea.

And so, i set off to try and make amends to the badly treated sonic blast, with sonic blast 3: Final Mix.

This game is in ultra early beta stages and wont be an demo just yet. However, I will be using mp3s and don't know how to load externally(SOB SOB!) so if somebody could kindly do that for me it would be appreciated. Credit will be obviously given.

Here are some screenshots of the menu for your liking.

Press enter:

image4pmenu1tz1.png

Difficulty select:

difficultyaa5.png

Don't quit now!:

quitjl4.png

Basic Navagation:

titleiizs9.png

There you have it. If you have any comments and tips, They will be acknowledged.

P.S Need to change my banner now!!

also, there s a problem with my navigation. When you try and click a button, it doesnt work and if you click just below it does. If somebody could also help with that, please pm me. I would like a few people to team up as a matter of fact and make this game possible. That would be good.

Okay... Tip of the hat, wag of the finger.

Cons:

- Resolution change. Makes it take longer to load and screws up some peoples monitors. Don't do it.

- Bad grammer in the cutscene. How can you be taken seriously with a story like "this is after the first one and eggman left a bomb in eggmans base but sonic didnt know about it"

- Mixing Genesis and Advance sprites. Don't even get me started. Why is the lives sprite in the "HUD" a genesis sonic sprite, while the character himself is Advance? I seriously want an answer on this one, as it doesn't make any sense no matter how you put it.

- Sprite glitchiness is at the worst I have ever seen in this game. If he EVER goes into the jumping sprite, he is always doing a Sonic slash. Almost every time I jump, he goes into his running sprite. Funny, I figured you would stop doing this after so many people complained about it in your chaos game.

- I jumped 2 or 3 times and got stuck deep down in the floor.

- I did it again and got stuck in a wall.

- The moving platforms stop when you stand on them.

- Green Sonic productions? Looks very professional having a recolor of a copyrighted character as your "company" name, huh?

Pros:

- None at this point.

If you knew the game was bad, so much that you even hate it yourself, what could have possibly convinced you to post it here?

1. I've always done resolution changes and it never screwed up my monitor.

2. yes, I know. I never thought i would put this on the net. i wanted people to hate it, so they would look forward to it being better if ya get my drift.

3. Jesus. You are the only one that bitches on constantly about genesis and advance sprites. Well you are right, you should never do it unless you want to do a crossover, which would look bad. so ya want an awnser well.....................................i havent got one. sorry!

4.I've never figured out how to stop it running. Do you know? if you do tell me. Also. don't bring up chaos. It's done now, buti will fix the slash jump and the walking jump just for you, ok? and i already told you, this was old, damn old, before chaos.

5. collision problems, i know.

6.Collision problems again, i know.

7. why does that happen? seriously? can't game maker get something fixed so it'll work right? post the fix for this please.

8. I WAS 8! you really don't think i would be able to make a logo as good as Capcom, or Namco. Then again, icould have done better.

10. Hmph. no pros. not surprised.

12. I wanted to post it here to show the before-after that'll happen in sonic blast 3: Final Mix. By the way, i wont get told off because it's related to Kingdom hearts would I?

C'mon seriously though. The logo in my new version is so much better than the original.

I am not taking offense. I always respect one persons comments, and who knows, maybe this will help in final mix.

(so typical of spike, to ask so many questions, lol.)

how can you write like that?

Chaos is in the general fangame discussion! it's not hard to see. I bet you did'nt know that.

(I stole slingerland's saying. because we always like stealing. lol.)

Ok, for all you rapidshare haters it's comin to megaupload. does that sound good? sorry about rapidshare. it's just i find megaupload uploading time so damn slow.....

by the way, slingerland, who is that funny man with the glasses in your signature? ya see i would'nt know that because i'm from boring old uk.

success..for an 8 year old, not bad...but still really crap to post it only now..?

y'know i did say i was Making a new version of sb3, so the original is related to it...really. So it isn't really crap to post it now. and i'm not still 8, if you thought that.

TRD, I noticed that you enjoy making Animations(That wierd al one you had was funny) what program do you use?

success..for an 8 year old, not bad...but still really crap to post it only now..and once more thing, what "Chaos" game are you on about..theres loads???

I think you should get the flaming of your life for that comment...

TRD, I noticed that you enjoy making Animations(That wierd al one you had was funny) what program do you use?

I use MMF 1.5 to put them together, then I use a GIF making program called unfreez to make the GIF. Really easy to use.

Oh, and I'll try this game out in a few....alittle busy at the moment.

Ok, before I start, first and foremost, that force full-screen is really annoying. I suggest you give the player the option of choosing it. A couple of programs crashed because of it.

Now to begin:

Where was that menu screen you posted in your topic post? All I saw was the clickable boxes and scattered stuff.

Also, the resolution is off by alot, meaning some of the objects (the main menu) are off screen. Had a hard time choosing which one does which. :/

The stages are less in variety, no enemies nor rings and gimmicks.

That second stage was...i dunno, was dull to say the least. Running from a firewall that has equal speed as you is somewhat boring.

Bugginess all over, but I'm sure you realize that so I wont get into it.

All-in-all, I'm amazed you made this when you were 8. I'm impressed because I didnt know crap about how to create a game until I was 15, even when I had MMF 1.5.

Please stick to fangaming, don't give up and don't say such things about your game. I know you think less of it now...but what if you remade it with the help from tutorials and such, now there's an idea.

I hate your attitude more than I hate your game. You're the one who posted this game knowing it's horrible. If someone tells you what's wrong with it, don't respond with something like "hey, i was just 8, give me a break"

And by the way, Spike isn't "bitching" about mixing genesis/advance sprites. It really is ugly. criticism =/= insults, so don't act offended.

Grow up.

Seriously, i'm not trying to defend myself. I thought i would just post the original so you know in final mix that it's gonna be much better. I don't actually care about what people actually say about sb3, i only care what it's like in final mix. So i will take down the download, to avoid arguments, and we'll try this again. Ok?

Where was that menu screen you posted in your topic post? All I saw was the clickable boxes and scattered stuff.
know you think less of it now...but what if you remade it with the help from tutorials and such, now there's an idea.

TRD, I'm not being mean, but i'm sure you didn't read ALL of my topic post. I AM making a remake. I just wanted to post the original for old times sake.

Something else I was wondering. If you were eight, and you still have the file, what are you now? 11? 12? I dont have any files on my PC dating back any more than 3 years.

I'm 15 now, so that dates back to 7 years ago. Quite a long time ago, dont you think, i could have got the idea of a remake earlier...

I hate your attitude more than I hate your game. You're the one who posted this game knowing it's horrible. If someone tells you what's wrong with it, don't respond with something like "hey, i was just 8, give me a break"

And by the way, Spike isn't "bitching" about mixing genesis/advance sprites. It really is ugly. criticism =/= insults, so don't act offended.

Grow up.

Oh Jesus. I AM NOT OFFENDED! i don't know how you got the idea that i was, but i was just being funny when i said Spike is bitching but he is absolutley right, they are ugly when genesis and advance sprites are put together (Sorry spike.) So i am going to straight up say that i'm not offended that my old 7 year old game is crap, those were the early years of me doing game making(I've always had an interest for it.) So Rael, don't think i'm taking offense, or bitching about it, because i'm not.

So TRD, do you know any good engines that i could use?

TRD, I'm not being mean, but i'm sure you didn't read ALL of my topic post. I AM making a remake. I just wanted to post the original for old times sake.

Oh, sorry. I usually just play the game and post my thoughts on it instead of reading the entire topic.

So TRD, do you know any good engines that i could use?

Unfortunately no, because I dont use GM and therefore not familiar with it. (I'm assuming you use GM right?) However, you should check out the main site for the GM section which contains some tutorials and engines there. Also if you want, ask people here that uses or that has knowledge of GM for advice on engines.

Ok. Here we go...

sonic Blast 3 Final Mix Version 1 beta.

-a bit buggy, problems with the jumping.

- Got the speed right! yay! this will be the first fangame that actually feels sonic-y speed-y.

-Made the speed of my animation of sonic running normally a bit slower.

-still can't get sonic to stop run-jumping THIS HAS BEEN FIXED. Many Thanks to spike.

-sonic Turns into dash mode after hspeed has exceeded 8

-Download Tommorow!

-also Need fix for sonic to stop being in the jump sprite when he hits the ground.

-Learnt a bit of GML and worked out how to keep sonic pretty much in the middle when running.(view_hborder=view_wview/2 -character.sprite_width

view_vborder=view_hview/2 -character.sprite_height)

This topic's ridiculous. Metalsluguk made a post defending himself about how he doesn't try to defend himself. Joy.

Slingerland, i've tried to get off that subject, and actually on the game subject. why are you continuing? I'm trying to get off defending myself, and i even took of the original download to avoid argument, and to avoid the topic being closed. Please get off the subject.

In a completley different matter, i'm preparing the beta now. This is very basic, and slightly buggy, so please point out the flaws so i can try fixing them.

Thanks for that, spike. I do use GM.