A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PG vs. Roomate

Pheonix Gamma

Well I hid the TV, and his PS2 is back where I put it the other 4 times, and the letter's been sent in. I made it all nice and stuff, so that I can be taken seriously. If I had just used my blogs, it'd be pretty harsh, and about 15 pages long ::shrug::

Anywho, many thanks for the advice, you guys. I'm gonna wait and see what happens, and get back to you all on what happened. Hopefully either him or myself move out. I've got a lot of ____, more than he does, so I'd prefer him, but lugging everything I've got to another room is worth being happy in the place I live in.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mucho sorry for the double post.

Dear Gregory,

I received your letter that you put under the Bourgeois Staff Office door and I would like to schedule a meeting to talk to you about your concerns.

Please email me a list of the times you are available next week, Tuesday, February 20 through Friday, February 23, from 9AM to 5PM, so we can schedule a meeting.

Thank you,

Elise Marchessault

I think they'll probably move me. Either way, I'm glad that they're taking me seriously.

One of my friends, I think, told my roomate what I did (after already moving the TV) and he was supposed to come back last night to bitch me out (he left to go home. He has Friday classes, but he never goes to many classes) but he never came.

I'll probably be awkward when he comes back Sunday or Monday, but I have nothing left to say to him. Oh well.

I may be the smelly messy guy in my room, but dammit if I don't make a fricken' effort not to have my roommate eternally po'ed.

I go to RIT, so obviously there are some pretty awful urban legends...

... like some kid who was one of those typical guys who turns the dorm into a trollcave, throws trash on the floor, sits at his computer never going to class, etc. When they finally kick his sorry existence of a bumbie out, they have to strip the paint off the walls and ceiling, and replace the carpet. Yeah, okay, this story was scarier when I was told it, I'm bad at that.

...also, another urban legend here says that if your roommate dies, you get an automatic 4.0 GPA for the quarter, due to the mental distress you must be having. Just putting it out there. Not trying to imply any course of action....

*whistles*

...also, another urban legend here says that if your roommate dies, you get an automatic 4.0 GPA for the quarter, due to the mental distress you must be having. Just putting it out there. Not trying to imply any course of action....

*whistles*

That's an urban legend everywhere BRP.

lol, RIT. I almost when there. That would have be awkward. Or really funny.

Did your letter mention anything about the beer he has in the fridge?

My letter mentioned, in no particular order:

How he never goes to class, thus having a 1.2 GPA

Health Code violations, with specific examples

Rum in the fridge

lack of showers

Constant music until after quiet hours

How I couldn't use my own TV

How I brought this up, and how he thinks it's funny

The night I did that, he left a note on my computer when I went to go eat. It said that notes were silly (he wrote me a note saying notes are silly...) and that I should have talked to him (I did...a lot...) I also noticed that he didn't even close his own parenthesis, which makes me wonder what kind of English major he is (the kind who wants to be a historian zoologist and part time alchemist.)

Also, my friend told me that she told him about the letter, that he's pissed, and that he "can't understand why don't like him." I can't tell if it's his big ego or he's just stupider than I thought.

Oi. So I'm wishing my friend didn't butt her ass into this whole mess. She's been telling him about all sorts of crap, which kinda screwed up my plans (my ideal outcome would be him waking up sometime in the afternoon with a new roomate and me nowhere in sight.)

He started asking all sorts of questions, but I opted not to talk about it. He asked why he couldn't play PS2 on my TV, I asked why I couldn't use my TV. He played the "I payed 15 bucks for FFXII (only 12)" card, though I pointed out how he played FFXII a lot, more Okami than me, Wind Waker, SA1, etc.

Hopefully I'll get an email tonight saying I can meet the head of Res Life tomorrow.

Yea, it's like Joey once told me: "if you've got rum in your 'fridge I'm telling everybody and throwin' a wile party tu-night!"

But, really.. I don't see what the big deal is. Granted, you don't get the pleasure of "surprise attacking" him but.. the real problem is that you don't want him as a roomate. It's not like her telling someone about it is going to change the fact that you've got a chance at a new roomate.

. . . Just saying.

Oh I know. Except after our confrontation last night, he refused to let me sleep. He was out of the room, so I closed the door, and turned off the light. He comes in and turns on the light, then blasts crap music, drums on the desk, then makes loud, fake sneezes. Same friend said he was planning on doing that.

I won't do anything like that, mostly because I'm not a child (and really, I don't know why he's so pissed. I'm the one who should be acting like a shithead towards him.)

Anyways, I'm meeting the advisor at 4 tomorrow. Here's hoping I can sleep tonight.

Double Post, but it's muy importante.

So last night he opted not to let me sleep again, only I was so tired from the night before, I zonked out. I woke up at 5 to see the lights still on (so bright >_<) and him watching FMA, meaning he hadn't slept (I can tell, because he's been passed out since this afternoon.)

So I met with the Resident Director today, and she's really nice (and pretty :3) and we talk. Basically she just wanted to make sure that we talked about stuff, and I told her we're not talking anymore after Monday night.

She offers me a new room, in which the current resident there has no roommate. I'm thinking "SCORE!" because now there won't be any trouble with one of us not wanting to move or something. The only iffy thing is it's in the basement, though the building is on a hill, so I'm still technically on ground-level. I'm probably gonna stop by tonight and introduce myself.

The best thing, though, is that it'll all be done on Saturday, with assistance of the staff. So not only can I get the heavy fridge down myself, but I also get to do it when my current roommate is gone, so when he comes back on Sunday, he'll be seeing an empty room, which is awesome, because he was looking foward to playing a new game he bought, and he won't have a roommate to bum off of.

Plus he won't know where I live ^_^

Anyways, muchas gracias for all of the advice, doodz. You're all assholes, but you're helpful assholes, and I <3 you all.