A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Game Over Jack Thompson

1LT Worm

I beg to differ. Industries fault for creating harmful content easily accessible to kids via stores such as Wal-Mart, EB Games/GameStop, Best Buy, and Circuit City.

Police have many other duties outside of that. Who do you think gives you tickets? Directs traffic when traffic lights are no longer working? Keeps people from disobeying the speed limit? There are, in fact, laws that deal with things other than violence.

I beg to differ. Industries fault for creating harmful content easily accessible to kids via stores such as Wal-Mart, EB Games/GameStop, Best Buy, and Circuit City.

So, is it the developers fault for making games Thompson can pick on?

OR, it's those stores fault for accepting the content regardless?

OR, it's the parents fault for buying the games in the first place, knowing full well the content rating?

OR, is it the kids fault for having a lack of perception on how reality works?

And let's not go crazy here - simply playing violent video games alone isn't a trigger at all. There are other mediums to blame for this, as well.

Uh, nah, dont think so. If there were no Violence before videogames, what the hell would the police be doing?

No, he's right. I mean, how else is a 7 year old gonna get his hands on Grand Theft Auto. Besides, there's violence in movies, and tv shows. So, stop games is pointless, is which is why he should stop.