A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spriting Competition ~ Coconuts

SonicProject

Flare, someone2040, TRD and Blyde all get reputation points for participating. The contest is now over. If you guys want to vote on the best entry, go ahead and do so. There was no point to choosing a top three though.

Blues gets a reputation point for the bestest entrie of entreez. Or his wit, rather.

Thanks guys. Better than nothing, definitely. Hope the interest is there so that we can have further competitions.

Flare, 2040, TRD, and Blyde have all been given reputation points by moi as have you, SonicProject for starting the competition.

How exactly do we now vote? Do we just post who we think belongs in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or do we just pick who we think should win? Also, if you plan on doing this as a regular competition like.. every month or every other week or something I can sticky a sort of "Spriting Competition" thread with the winning sprite of each competition. If you want, that is.

Well, you vote to decide who wins and the idea is that the winner gets to pick the next competition. That way the competitions kind of sustain themselves. In the event that the winner does not wish to start a competition, the runner up will. There is no set date on when a comp can be started. Just whenever the winner feels like it.

Provided the competition had been more active we'd have had two rounds of voting. One to choose the top three (you just select three entries you liked and post them in no particular order) and one to choose the winner.

Thank you for the reputation point and for supporting the comp. Your idea is fine by me.

In that case I vote Blyde as his sprite is different from what you'd expect and the amount of shading and detail present in the sprite. Though, as they say in the ghetto, mad props to Flare for his cute sprite and the extra animation.

SP: Well then, I suppose that's how the contests will be run from this point on as everything seems sound. Again, great job at getting this started.

• 3 weeks later...