A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

No, Not now!

Swift

Neopets: the Darkest Faerie for PS2 (wait... was it released for anything else?)

Never been able to dodge this glitch. I'm told to go to another map to find a certain character and bring him back, all the while I'm able to tilt the camera and see that same character up on the cliff above me... on the same map. He never leaves the village to get lost in the mine.

Granted, I've yet to have much of a problem beating bosses, so the reward's prolly not neccessary, but it's still annoying to have an unfinished quest from the middle of the game cluttering your log in the final dungeon.

As for "lethal" problems....

The Sims for PC

Downloaded and used a custom skin, only to have it go corrupt. Now that entire neighborhood is really unstable. If that character decides to walk by the active house, the game insta-crashes. I've removed all custom content since, but the neighborhood is still buggy as all get-out.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually quite fun, once you look past the kiddy atmoshpere (not that the kiddy feeling really lasts all that long after you meet the Gelert Assassin, who has the same voice actor as Kain from Blood Omen... using the same tone of voice).

Speaking of Legacy of Kain, about halfway through Vorador's Mansion in Defiance I had just discovered the correct path to get on with the game after nearly an hour and a half of hunting (I hate Raziel's chapters) and the blasted thing locked up. My last save (stupid me) was during Kain's chapter right before. I wanted to cry so badly.

Neopets? Wasn't that some internet pokemon knockoff done by matel or some company?

Kinda-sorta-not really. No capturing anything, and most of the focus is on keeping it healthy and happy, not fighting (which you can do, but you aren't forced into doing it). And the games to get money for food and toys.

Pokemon Red Version.

When I was young, I had just finished getting the last pokemon (Magmar) to complete my pokedex. I got the certificate in Celadon, then decided to kick it back at Pallet. But as soon as I went in the Prof. Oaks lab, I got stuck

And I mean stuck as in, can't move worth sh@#. I tried to turn it off and turn it back on to try and move again, but I eneded up being in that same spot other than my last save! Major upset ><

Thanks for the indirect-if-not-unintentional support, Koray. I was about to say something similar, about how the subject matter of a game is inconsequential if the game itself is fun to play.

Back on topic, my most annoying and game-breaking "glitch" so far is how my copy of Dragon Quest 8 seems to have gone corrupt. Not my saves, the game disk itself. It works fine right up until you actually start a game, then it hangs on a black screen. It's done the same thing on a few different PS2's. The really annoying part of this is that now the only turn-based RPG I have in the house is Final Fantasy X, which always leaves me yelling at the game to shut the heck up and let me continue playing. At least DQ8's dialog was rather funny in places....

I bet you $50 i could walk up to a random person and start a 50 second conversation about sonic on the street. Mario too.

Neopets?

No.

Just to let you know? Mistaken Evil has been here for a long while, he just rarely posts ( or aims ( me ) for that matter )

Besides, he can buy whatever the hell he wants with his money. zoomj

That being said? I played Sonic Advance 3 and managed to get sonic/sonic

romhackage yall

Just to let you know? Mistaken Evil has been here for a long while, he just rarely posts ( or aims ( me ) for that matter )

Besides, he can buy whatever the hell he wants with his money. zoomj

That being said? I played Sonic Advance 3 and managed to get sonic/sonic

romhackage yall

haha XD Nice

Is it just me or is 50 Serephim's favorite number?

The biggest glitch that has ever occurred in all my video game experiences is one I came across while playing Pokémon Crystal. One time I turned on the game and picked CONTINUE and when I looked at the Pokémon in my party, two of them were all glitched up. I tried to use them in a wild battle, but they were both at way too high levels and would listen to me and I think also did some other glitchy things too. About five minutes later, either Prof. Oak or Prof. Elm (I can't remember which) calls me up to tell me that my pokémon have a rare symptom called "Pokérus" (which I suppose was short for "Pokémon virus") and that he would look into it more or something like that. Soon after when I try to release them rather than risk any permanent damage they might bring my game, the menus freeze up on me and I had to reset my game. When I started up my game again, my data file had been corrupted and after I attempted to start a new game and went 10 minutes into the game, I saved my new game. The problem was that when I started up my game again the next instant just to make sure my save wasn't corrupted by the glitch from my last save file, I found my suspicions confirmed; there wasn't any save file to choose from. Something tells me I got hacked version of Crystal. I mean, it's not impossible, seeing as how I got it off of e-Bay.

I remember that ____tard MISSINGNO messed up my Pokémon Blue a few times. Before I realized that catching it was a dumbass idea and I should smack myself for being so stupid.

But hey, I was in 6th grade. I was pretty stupid back then.

I just did for the infinite rare candies XP

Pokemon < Digimon

Because it was 3D and pokemon wasnt

QFT. Btw, if you try to put a "Missingno" into Pokemon Stadium or Pokemon Stadium 2, it comes up as a "substitute" (in pkmn, substitutes are represented by plush rhydons :P), Pokerus is NO glitch, and my yellow version was a lot shittier than your Crystal, trust me!

EDIT:

When I was young, I had just finished getting the last pokemon (Magmar) to complete my pokedex. I got the certificate in Celadon, then decided to kick it back at Pallet. But as soon as I went in the Prof. Oaks lab, I got stuck

And I mean stuck as in, can't move worth sh@#. I tried to turn it off and turn it back on to try and move again, but I eneded up being in that same spot other than my last save! Major upset ><

Asswipe, that's MY memory! T_T

Pokemon < Digimon

Because it was 3D and pokemon wasnt

Oh, not the age-old 2D vs. 3D argument again. Don't start that one up.

Too bad 3D didn't save Digimon from sucking major ass, IMO. But, as for glitches, I remember my Dreamcast disc for Sonic Adventure being horribly scratched due to my brother's carelessness. It still played but all the background textures were in various colors of the rainbow. XD

I guess it didn't load the textures and those were just the background models. I don't know how 3D works, to be honest.