A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Play lotsa Wii, lose lotsa weight

Pheonix Gamma

Ojk, not "lotsa" weight, but someone decided 6 weeks ago to play WiiSports for a half hour every day for 6 weeks, and though the results aren't spectacular, it's an interesting read.

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/01/15/wii-sports-experiment-results/

I've decided to test it out myself, just to see what my results would be. I know I won't get 6-pack abs and stuff, but he lost a little of his gut, and I want to do everything I can to avoid the "Freshman 15," so I bumped up his routine to 45minutes a day.

So yea, I predict we'll be seeing a lot more news stories about Wii and fitness, maybe balancing out the more negative news stories.

Wii Sports is the best. After working out with the tennis team all day, it's an awesome way to cool down for me.

An added plus, when you're stuck inside studying all day and feeling lazy/fat, playing Wii Sports makes me feel...not lazy...and it's a good study break. I'm not surprised this Wii workout worked.

Fit as a fiddle

IRULE.gif

"You're so black that when they turn off the lights all they can see is the fantastic green light emitting from your Wii!" - James Madison

I dunno. I want a white Wii because like.. I have an X360 and a Dreamcast side-by-side in the middle of two black consoles: Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64. Although.. I'd rather a sleek silver. Or summa dat gold, naw wha I me?

ScAtTa 9 8 3: make a post

ScAtTa 9 8 3: you know you want to

Rael0505: lol

Rael0505: yes

Rael0505: nah i don't want to :<

ScAtTa 9 8 3: =/

ScAtTa 9 8 3: but..

Rael0505: i'm not good at black jokes

ScAtTa 9 8 3: it can be a mod thing

Rael0505: YOU'RE SO BLACK THAT

Rael0505: ...

Rael0505: THAT

Rael0505: THAT

Rael0505: YOU CAN'T SUPPORT A FAMILY

ScAtTa 9 8 3: XDXD

Rael0505: *every black person in the room stares*

I'm keeping my white Wii, and maybe later I might put the Triforce on the side with the cool wings underneath. But only when a Wii Zelda game comes out.

EDIT: Oh, and the sports get you more of a workout when you have a higher skill level. Boxxing is the most taxing, followed by tennis, then baseball, bowling, and golf (not that real golf requires any fitness. Whack a ball, go in a cart, whack a ball, go in a cart)

I want Wii-Wii-R. The Wiimote can be a glowstick. It'd be like a RAVE OMG.

if only the blue light stayed on. That, paired with my Xmas lights in my dorm with the lights off would be sooo awesome ^,^

Sidenote: I just decided never to take down my christmas lights, unless I buy that ropelight stuff, but I dunno how much that would cost me, so christmas lights it is.

"Play video games on the smallest available television"

I have so many ways I want to respond to that, I think I'm gonna just type "::fart noise::"

::fart noise::

Oh, and $10 for rope light at target? Hmmm...maybe I'll get some before I move back in... though I need to spend my last 35-45 dollars wisely...unless mom and pop wanna donate to the "get your son some stuff" fund...

I haven't reached pro in anything yet, mostly cause I didn't play much. Bowling is kinda fun (heh I accidentally typed "blowing").

Actually, all of the sports are fun if you can get into them. I used to just chill on the couch and wave my hand, but since I'm trying this workout thing, I'm more active, and I'm even enjoying golf (though I don't count that in the "workout".)

So I know I always said I'd never break the strap, because I don't swing the remote crazily...but near the end of my 45 minutes today, my hand got sweating during a game of baseball :E

Luckily, I bought a Wiimote grip sleeve. The grip didn't really help, but the sleeve helped protect the remote, sorta. Part of the front corner popped open a tad, though it easily popped back, and no scratches were on it, and it still works perfectly. Impressive when you consider it hit a cement wall, then a window, then the ceiling, then the floor, and nothing broke :E

The lesson here would be if you do this workout thing, powder your hands.

Does the color of the Wiimote get all yellow and dingy after using it for awhile? Like the keyboards on Power Books? Dumb question, perhaps, but I'm curious as to whether I should buy a white Wii, or wait for some other colors to come out.

Yet again, my ability to knock a thread off topic remains uncanny. Huzzah.