A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

3 versions of His World? You bet

Blyde

They should be out on soon, it's already the 10th in Japan which is when the vocal tracks come out.

Here's what Jun Senoue had to say.

1. His World... main theme of sonic the hedgehog

Performed by Ali Tabatabaee & Matty Lewis from Zebrahead

Tomoya Ohtani, sound director of next-gen Sonic composed this song and Mr.Kume arranged it.

I heard that Mr.Kume did a short instrumental version of this song for E3 trailer movie.

Johnny Gioeli wrote the lyrics for chorus section and Ali Tabatabaee did the rap lyrics.

I did not play any guitar on it, I just made contact with Zebrahead guys, coordinated the session and produced the vocals in Los Angeles back in August.

2. Dreams Of An Absolution... theme of silver the hedgehog

Performed by LB from Remix Factory

Composed by Mariko Namba of Sega sound team, arranged by Tomoya Ohtani.

Vocal performance & lyrics were done by LB from Remix Factory, UK.

Finally I got together with him in London last summer.

We did tons of email conversations since 2003.... but it was very first time to see him in person.

3. All Hail Shadow... theme of shadow the hedgehog

Performed by Crush 40, yay!

I had a basic idea of this song and I teamed up with Mike Szuter from Magna-Fi when we worked for 'Shadow The Hedgehog' back in 2004.

I visited Mike's studio in Las Vegas, arranged song together, then Mike finished it as Magna-Fi version.

Tomoya Ohtani, sound director of this game wanted me to do a song for Shadow story and he picked this song up.

Drummer and bass player are same guys from shadow stuff.

I like what I did and I hope you do the same.

4. My Destiny... theme of princess Elise

Performed by Donna DeLory

This song was composed by Mariko Namba and arranged by another Japanese guy, Mr.Eguchi....

Donna is well known as a back-up singer for Madonna for years and also she released some CDs as solo singer or the project like Bliss or some others.

She was pretty busy this year with touring with Madonna, but fortunately she had a day-off during her stay in Lonson back in August.

Then I flew to London to work with her.

and some additional songs on this CD too.....

5. HIS WORLD -ZEBRAHEAD version-

Another 'His World', arranged and performed by ZEBRAHEAD.

Fast, aggressive and it sounds a killer!

6. DOAA -LB vs. JS Remix-

Another version of 'Dreams Of An Absolution'.

I tracked all guitars and LB from Remix Factory took care of other stuff.

7. HIS WORLD -Crush 40 version-

I arranged this and Johnny Gioeli wrote the whole lyrics.

Totally different version, much darker and heavier.

Preview of Crush 40's rendition:

http://www.myspace.com/crush40rock

*want.*

IN HIS WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURLD.

I really love the opening of the song...it's classic. Once the vocals hit, it's gone daddy gone...the love is gone.

Shoulda been an instrumental...

Though it might have worked fine if it didn't just plain have ____ for lyrics and ____ for singing.

... is ____ censored? I don't know... but I'm beginning to doubt there is a single sensitive ear left coming here anyway.

The His World that we all know and don't love right now really would work better as an instrumental. The menu screens of the game (aside from the extras menu), which I might say sound good, are essentially just looped versions of the instrumentals of the song. Hard to hear amidst all the chaotically ear shattering singing/rapping. Hopefully the 3-disc OST will give us a nice, clean instrumental. :P

Yes, apparently Johnny Gioeli did write the HIS WUUUUUUURLD!!! part, but you can blame that on poor execution as opposed to poor lyric writing. But we'll see.

So like, it's available. Easy to find with a simple search.

Listening now.

EDIT: Okay, gave the bonus tracks a nice listen. Hopefully I won't terribly sway you, but read on if you want.

His World (Zebrahead Version): Sounds more like...uh...modern. I'm not terribly fond of it.

Dreams of an Absolution (Lee Brotherton VS. Jun Senoue Remix): I liked the original, but Jun Senoue is ON FIAR!!1. Dammit, call me fanboy, but this mix is awesome.

His World (Crush 40 Version): Haven't we all been waiting for it. WTF, THERE'S RAPPING. Vocalist doesn't sound like Johnny Gioeli, at least until the end of the rapping segment. Chorus doesn't sound so great. Which is the whole song. Yeah, this is a little disappointing. I liked the more melodic songs that Crush 40 made. What happened. ;_; I wish there was an instrumental version of this, because it rocks (lol pun). Also, out of place piano at end.

Yeah, my favorite out of the bonus tracks is the new DOAA mix. Rawr.

Well...few listens after...Crush 40 His World isn't so bad. ;D

The C40 remix seems to reflect the stylistical evolution Geoli has been going through. He has been in his own band for quite a while, and it isn't exactly surprising that his vocal style has changed. Accomplice (Geoli's band) has a more mellow tone, and it has taken it's toll on him, he sings more mellow, with a Queensryche-like style now.