A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Nexus: Graphics Help Wanted

Ever since DW joined the Nexus crew following SAGE 2006, him and I have been making large jumps in progress in terms of programming and level design, respectively. His help has taken a load off of my shoulders to achieve what we think to be "excellence" (lawl) and his skills exceed mine so much, that gimmicks I never thought of including are now implemented. Well, now the time has come again where I need more assistance, but this time, I make an open call.

There's one level that is struggling in completion and that is Misty Mine:

mistymine.jpg

It's a Blue Frenzy BG lib that I hoped to expand on dramatically (see: Cosmic Chaos) with mix-and-matching, recoloring, and original pieces, but I lack the skill and time. It might need a whole redesign altogether.

I'm calling out anybody with mad BG skillz to give me a hand for ONE level, possibly HALF of another level, and small, small jobs (like one layer of paralax for another level for instance). Yes, I'm not asking you to do the WHOLE game. Just one, maybe one and a half levels.

Alternatively, if you have BG lib you'd like to donate to add to the length of the game, you'd also be cool. Regardless how much you made, I can add to it.

EDIT: ADVANCE STYLE IS A NO-NO. GENESIS ONLY. [end edit]

OK, here's the second request. Anybody with mad spriting skillz, I'm asking for a few bosses to levels without them. That's it...

Please, I need SERIOUS people to join up. No cutting out midway or making promises and failing to keep them. Hit me up in this thread or AIM.

Oh and before you ask, yes...you will be credited. I'm not blazefire. You know you want to help...I probably made a logo for you...

I'm not sure if your asking this but, are you looking for more BG libs to fit in the Misty mines level or asking if someone will draw BGs by hand?

Because I can't sprite/draw for sh!t, but I can look for and rip levels that might look great with misty mines.

EDIT: I know how to rip levels/sprites, but when it comes to editing and stuff, practice would be recommended T_T.

Small jobs eh? I might be able to do that, if it is just one and a half level (and thankfully school is finally giving me some breathing space)

Although I'm only good at combining, recolouring and mixing together level pieces, I've never made custom levels that are of Genesis level quality.

Dersert Level

Mountain Prison Level

Advance Style Forest

I could help a bit with the boss, but again, I'm only good with combining and recolouring.

Custom bosses-ish

Although I'm only good at combining, recolouring and mixing together level pieces.

HAY ME TOO. That's all I've been doing. I REALLY want to see Diamond Sands. I think that has some potential in my book. If you want to lib it for contribution, I can guarantee it'll be used.

I want the community as much involved as possible. It's a shame nobody has taken up my offer to design small bits of scenery for Nexus.

Well I want to help you guys out seeing is that your in a small rut, but it seems you don't need a level ripper, I was looking at the misty mines thing and thought up a level that would maybe fit nicely in it, take a look at these screens: (from MMX btw the way, I kinda already got started on it, before DW told me you wouldn't need a level rip.)

1vb8.png

2vf8.png

3co2.png

It's not finished, but If you like what you see so far, I can rip the whole level, pieces and backgrounds, also I can use Blue Frenzy's level making tutorial to make slopes and loops out of it.

EDIT: Matter of fact, hell I'll get right on it, I'll just make it for fun and show it later on.

It's a good thing I made the metal parts a separate when doing the rip, let me go put those in a pack then and upload them. BRB.

EDIT: Lib taken down.

Hopefully it will help, even a little bit. I put in some scenery incase you would use it. Oh, and no credit required if you decide to use the lib, I just did this for fun, and to help out alittle. ^_^

I'll probably still continue with the Armored Armadillo stage lib later in the future.

Maybe, I had it on full screen, I didn't think it would matter, I have a GBA emulator and when I put it on full screen to rip, it wouldn't of change the size of anything, figures.

Anyway here's the lib again reripped:

[ATTACH]134[/ATTACH]

I put some extra pieces in there too.

Is anybody else up for some BG work on Misty Mine? Foreground platforms and paralax? Hm?

Oh I should have said, the reason I posted those four pics was to show examples of my works XD but yeah I started work on Misty Mine and this is what I have so far.

mistycavexg3.png

Combining Hidden Palace and Mystic Cave, made this, obviously the foreground needs to be darken a bit to fit in with the rest of the level (and a bit of adjustment on the shading to)

Dude, is Diamond Sands available? I don't know if you saw my post regarding that, but I loved it.

The cave reminds me too much of Mystic Cave, but I just got those metal platforms from TRD, so I could replace them. Just give me anything you'd like to contribute and it'd be much appreciated. Har Har Har.

Right, I'll try finishing up Diamond Sands, in which I just need to make a loop da loop and a few sloopes and I'll give it to yuo (considering the project it was part of died a year and half ago, I gots no reason to hold onto it) all I need to do now is find the connection chord between my computer and ZIP drive, where is located XD

And should I stop making Misty Mine then? Redid the foreground and added Trd's rails.

mistycavepw8.png

Aki-at, send me both your mine and Diamond Sands. Both are use to me combined with the current set of tiles I have in my possession.

I've received level donations from a few people, Rael most notably, because it was a background from a dead project, like yours Aki. HAY NE1 WITH DEAD PRAWJECKS GIV ME UR LEVLZ CUZ AH WILL UZ EM.

No joke. Thanks a lot for you help and support everybody. This "talent search" is only speeding up the process.