A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Saddam is dead :o

Gamerdude

I'm not sure if I'm just living under a rock or if this really did pass under a lot of people's noses unnoticed...but Saddam was apparently executed today. I knew he was screwed from the beginning...and I had heard he was found guilty and sentenced to death too. I didn't know the execution was scheduled and carried out so quickly...

CNN Article

I think it's about time...can't believe I didn't hear about this sooner.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I wasn't going insane =P. I agree with the outdated means of execution though...although I suppose due to their location it would take too much effort to import the appropriate equipment...or at least that's the only reasonable excuse I can think of for them at the moment.

Uh, hanging is still a legal method of execution in a majority of states that institute the death penalty. Just because the dude isn't numb and conscience doesn't mean it's "barbarian". I suppose Genocide is okey to punish and criticize only if it's Hitler, right? Cuz it stopped after WWII, right?

I'm glad I wasn't going insane =P. I agree with the outdated means of execution though...although I suppose due to their location it would take too much effort to import the appropriate equipment...or at least that's the only reasonable excuse I can think of for them at the moment.

They already waited like a year or two, what difference would a few days make?

Barbarians.

I wouldve prefered him being beaten to death, prefferably by people who do want to see that he is actually being beat to death.

But either way, the man is dead. Now, the effect of his death is going to be the real issue. Its either going to be a good thing with a few side-effects OR its just going to be a disaster.

Uh, hanging is still a legal method of execution in a majority of states that institute the death penalty. Just because the dude isn't numb and conscience doesn't mean it's "barbarian". I suppose Genocide is okey to punish and criticize only if it's Hitler, right? Cuz it stopped after WWII, right?

Oh shut the ____ up.

The last time someone was hanged in the United States was a hell of a long time ago.

Hanging is inhumane and downright unnecessary. It isn't as though getting the syringe prepped for a lethal injection is costly or time prohibitive. Also, it isn't as though just being killed isn't good enough for him. Death is ugly enough without a snapped neck or slow death by asphyxiation.

Also, typing that on the Wii was a bitch.

Edit:

And Zal, if it isn't obvious to you, no reputable lawyer would honestly try to defend him. It would be harmful to his career. For that reason, this was what many would call kangaroo court.

I wouldve prefered him being beaten to death, prefferably by people who do want to see that he is actually being beat to death.

But either way, the man is dead. Now, the effect of his death is going to be the real issue. Its either going to be a good thing with a few side-effects OR its just going to be a disaster.

Only the future will tell...I just don't want to find out what can happen.

And Zal, if it isn't obvious to you, no reputable lawyer would honestly try to defend him. It would be harmful to his career. For that reason, this was what many would call kangaroo court.

Ah yes but my recent viewings of ESPN show a different slant. His lawyers tried to take a different approach than to say he was innocent, but rather his court case was biased and unfair. That way they're just doing their job regardless of whether people hate them.

Huh. I remember reading that the lawyers were getting two conflicting time spans for his execution date. The court said he would be hanged within 30 days, while an official (can't remember which) said it'd be after 30 days. Guess the court won...

The paper also said that Saddam's defense was trying to stop the US from delivering him out of their custody, because it was safer there than going to Iraq. Kinda ironic in a morbid sort of way, don't you think?

Well there's the problem: Saddam was defended by a kangaroo. Kangaroos suck at lawyer stuff. Saw that on the Discovery Channel.

I didn't hear much on this either. The only reason I heard of it was because I'm on my family's desktop right now, and their homepage is Yahoo.

Which is, kinda odd. I mean, people made this big ____ing deal about Saddam, and everywhere I went people were all "I hope he gets the death penalty" or whatever, we were all "HUZZAH!" when we caught him, and now he gets the death penalty, and I almost don't hear about it.

Or I've just stopped caring about the news as much. I'm sure the Daily Show will have a good segment on this on Monday.

It isn't as though getting the syringe prepped for a lethal injection is costly or time prohibitive.

Ever wonder why they clean the area of skin before injecting the subject? Like...they're going to die...don't want to GET AN INFECTION!

Saddam is dead. Hooray, let the seas run red. I could care less what method of execution they use, because he was a genocidal maniac.

Not to start conspiracy issues and crap, but during the trials, his wife and one of his daughters kept saying that it wasn't really saddam...Regarding his capture,t he army eventually quietly admitted that they never actually found saddam in the hole. The regiment that found him was found out to be stationed in kandihar on guard duty during that day he was "found" Either way, Saddams death ( or stunt doubles) is just something that will have to be taken at face value. Its no real way to know unless your in the know. With this guy who cares . Its enough stuff he " did" do to justify his rope dance.