A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Alright, this is amazing...

Guest Shadix

Forgive me if this is OLD'd and whatnot, but I was reading about the person who composed the Nextgen soundtrack, Lee Brotherton from Remix Factory...

I did some google research because it hit me that it sounded similar to an OC Remixer I liked, LeeBro, and I found his profile on OCR with "Lee Brotherton".

http://www.ocremix.org/remixer/leebro/

Talk about a success story... I thought it was coincidence or namesake until I read an interview at TSS with him stating he used to make amateur remixes under the nickname "LeeBro".

Thats really cool, since LeeBro's mixes were some of the first I came upon at OCR and loved. (Blissful Eruption and his Techno Chao Garden mix)

Too bad Next-Gen sucked, so ill never get to hear any of its music because i wont be getting it.

How DARE they butucher the Homing Attack like that........

I don't know how they could "butucher" the attack like that...but you know you can always download the soundtrack, that's one thing that didn't suck about the game.

I enjoyed the small music segments i heard, but for the most part the level tracks seem boring to me.

The fact that they ditched Crush 40 for some retards like Zebrahead and diddnt let Jun Senoue do the music pissed me the ____ off. Thats 60% the reason i like Sonic games now already out the window.

Im actully not going to get this game unless i can get it for $10. Its absurd.

Nextgen didn't suck, in fact, I was pleasantly surprised by the diversity presented in the levels. They had multiple paths, actual platforming segments, etc. I mean, there were a few broken levels (Flame Core is pretty buggy...), and sometimes I felt like I was playing PSO having to beat a whole bunch of enemies to open a door (Dusty Desert, Aquatic Base, etc), but for the most part it was pretty awesome.

I like the new homing attack, it's less stupid now and forces you to think a bit about how to take out your enemies. Shadow's homing attack (which is more SA like) is bad though despite Shadow having the coolest gameplay, as you tend to never know where you are going to land.

Edit: Where did it state that Jun wasn't allowed to? According to everything I read it was HE who decided to take a break. They came back to perform a song regardless, but it is very asshatish to go and start assuming things and molding events to support your crusade.

I'm absolutely thrilled an OC Remixer was given this opportunity, as to me it's like a wet dream. The music is definitely a different style, with the tracks being a bit more ambient rather than having a defined melody, but it definitely isn't bad. But I suppose I can't gripe at you for considering it boring, because you (and you aren't alone, this is normal) lack the musical ability to appreciate something that is a technical accomplishment because you don't get your instant gratification from it. You aren't wrong, Sonic music is supposed to be driving, with melodic segments that blast through that leave you humming them in your head, but this music definitely isn't bad.

Even better, with the Xbox 360 you can replace the music with stuff on your PC over your network and still have the sound effects playing. I was jamming to Project Chaos while blasting through Dusty Desert and etc.

Scrambled Eggman + Boss = :D

Serephim: I love how you're still complaing about the lag in the homing attack- as if it weren't seen in practically every gameplay trailer. And something tells me that it'd be smart to not buy a game if gameplay is only 30% of the reason I'm buying a game. It's also amazing to watch you change your stance on something constantly whenever it's convenient. You went form not having the chance to listen to something and not buying the game, to not caring for the music, to saying that you'd probably buy the game.

Shadix: I laughed hard at the bit about Jun.

Anyway, that is pretty cool- it really does go far in explaining why Lost World was remixed.. being that he remixes stuff.

Edit: Where did it state that Jun wasn't allowed to? According to everything I read it was HE who decided to take a break. They came back to perform a song regardless, but it is very asshatish to go and start assuming things and molding events to support your crusade.

But Seraph said it, so it must be true!

Serephim: What the hell is wrong with you? Stop being a damned asshole. You're holding a grudge over a game you didn't make? You're like a freaking first grader who keeps bringing up the time someone knocked over his blocks. First of all, when people said they disliked Shadow, it was in a topic related to actual Sonic games. As we can all see this is a topic about the guy who did Sonic music for the latest game. No one's talking about gameplay, so you shouldn't be carrying on your crusade in here. Second, people are entitled to their opinions if it's all within reason- unlike the bull you're constantly spewing regardless of the intentions of a topic. Who the hell do you think you are to try and tell us that we can't like or dislike a game? You must be out of your god damned mind. Third, when people said they didn't like Shadow they gave reasons- actual reasons. They said that Sonic Team seemed to be trying to go for a "darker" appearance to get more people to play their game, they said that the story was completely odd for a Sonic game- no one was stupid enough to buy the game and then go "waitasecond- Shadow has a gun?" similar to your idiocy ("lawl waitasecond they added 'lag' to the homing attack?"). Personally, I didn't care about any of it. In fact, I bought the game myself. Know what I didn't like? The movement. He felt too slippery. Now tell me, please, what the hell are you going to do about it? Do you think prancing around like an idiot is going to somehow make me like the engine in Shadow the Hedgehog? Fourth, for someone who constantly raids any topic mentioning Square Enix with complaints for an oldschool Final Fantasy game, you sure are receptive of a game that is completely un-Sonic like and that continues all the bad parts of the 3D games. And by "bad" I don't mean "I don't like them" I mean that the Sonic community, as a whole, generally disagrees with them such as, say, floating platforms? Fifth, no one damned cares. And you aren't doing the same thing in any shape or form. Sixth?

Hey. Hey.

Jump the hell off my ____.

^ That basically says "Get out of the topic, Serephim. You're a nuisance." Although there's tons more explanation. Now really, Serephim, either start your own topic regarding this issue or get out of this one. Hopefully you'll choose the right one (which would be the latter, as I know for sure that you'll want to argue the finer points of 3D Sonic games with me).