A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Teh Finals of Doom

Guest Shadix

When do you guys take your mid-term\finals?

I have an AP Physics final coming up tomorrow that I am praying doesn't bite me in the arse. I love the subject, I'm just not really that good at it >_>. (Which is odd because I'm usually excellent in math courses.)

My finals consists of:

Art Concepts: Take a quiz on color

Drawing: None

Art Colloquium: I took pictures and talked about them for 10 minutes

Quantatative Reasoning: Don't have to. I was given the choice of taking a B or taking the Final, so I settled for the B

College Writing: Write a paper by Saturday (I think) arguing something. I haven't decided yet (throw out ideas if you wish, though they can't be "MACZ SUX")

Yea, so basically no finals for me.

I had my Comparative Politics final on yesterday and my Criminialistics(forensic chemistry) and my Personal Finance finals today.

Tomorrow is a study day (aka search-for-Zelda-TP-GCN-and-play-it-day), and Thursday is my Intermediate Japanese final.

Comparative Politics and Personal Finance weren't too bad, but I have a feeling Criminialistics completely pwned my ass. I hate Chemistry as it is, and my grade in there is not too hot.

I took my finals this week, but they were cramed into 2 days instead of over the week and two before dead week (like most other people), so I'm going home tomorrow:

Basic Acting

Intro to Theatre

Classical Mythology

Library 110 (ghey class - required for everybody)

History of Rock 'n' Roll

Basic Principles of Film

Getting Laid 101 (I got an A)

My exams were last week.

Modern Analysis: Exam was dumbed down again and again because so many people were doing horribly in this class. An easy A.

Probability and Statistics: I attended maybe 25% of the classes, but it was all just applying formulas. Really boring stuff (even for a math major), let me tell ya.

Numerical Methods: Exam was optional and I already had an A simply from knowing C++.

Mathematical Problem Solving: Partial credit-ho!

Weather and Climate: A little Christmas Tree-ing and now my base requirements are fulfilled and I won't have to put up with any more stadium lectures.

I took my finals this week, but they were cramed into 2 days instead of over the week and two before dead week (like most other people), so I'm going home tomorrow:

Basic Acting

Intro to Theatre

Classical Mythology

Library 110 (ghey class - required for everybody)

History of Rock 'n' Roll

Basic Principles of Film

Getting Laid 101 (I got an A)

Omg... Awesome classes.

If its his first one, you can bet that its B. They don't usually offer Calculus based physics until... well, you know, you've had Calculus.

As for how worthless it is, you should never underestimate the value of 4 hours of College credit. More importantly though, its a lot easier to go into Calculus based physics when you have already gone through the non-Calculus based physics.

If its his first one, you can bet that its B. They don't usually offer Calculus based physics until... well, you know, you've had Calculus.

As for how worthless it is, you should never underestimate the value of 4 hours of College credit. More importantly though, its a lot easier to go into Calculus based physics when you have already gone through the non-Calculus based physics.

His school might offer Calc.

And finding a school that will give you credit for a 3 might be hard. I got a three on AP Calc AB and Physics B, and I didn't receive credit for either. However, I tested out of my math requirement. But, Physics B didn't get me out of my 100-level science.

I did get a 4 on Comp and Lit, so I got 6 credits there.

His school might offer Calc.

And finding a school that will give you credit for a 3 might be hard. I got a three on AP Calc AB and Physics B, and I didn't receive credit for either. However, I tested out of my math requirement. But, Physics B didn't get me out of my 100-level science.

I did get a 4 on Comp and Lit, so I got 6 credits there.

Among the schools that offer Calc (mine did), a small fraction of the Calc students take Physics C. Physics C is just a very uncommon class for people to take... and its usually only taken by the very small minority of people who actually go on to AP BC Calculus.

Anyway, I got 4 credit hours for 3 in Physics B (Same as a 4, though they offer a tiny amount extra for the 5... they don't usually offer you any useful classes to substitute for it, but you can generally get credit... if you play your cards right), and that was about what I could expect. I didn't need any prerequisites for starting in my second year Physics class, so it all worked out... and it did end up helping.

Oh, and I took Physics B at the same time as I took Calc (4 by the way, got a full 8 hours of credit for that one... conveniently the same as a 5 in this case)... so... I had already figured that.

I was faster in my math classes than my science classes, so by the time I got to physics, I already had taken Calculus AB, so I took Physics C (but just the Mechanics half). In my school there where a good 17 people in the class with an extra 5 studying the electronics half. Then again in my school there were people who completed Calculus BC in their sophmore year. I would have taken Computer Science AB, but it conflicted. Anyway, I got all 5s (they must have been mighty generous with the Physics one) and got a total of 12 credits.

I was faster in my math classes than my science classes, so by the time I got to physics, I already had taken Calculus AB, so I took Physics C (but just the Mechanics half). In my school there where a good 17 people in the class with an extra 5 studying the electronics half. Then again in my school there were people who completed Calculus BC in their sophmore year. I would have taken Computer Science AB, but it conflicted. Anyway, I got all 5s (they must have been mighty generous with the Physics one) and got a total of 12 credits.

Private/Magnet School?