A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

2 More PS3 Commercials

Chao Helper

First Commercial:

The entire time that they are talking about how uber powerful cell is, they are showing prerendered crap. In other words, this is misleading.

Second Commercial:

Incredibly stupid. Size of the disk in no way limits the size of a world on a DVD. And they act as though all of the things they said haven't been being simultaneously handled in videogames since... a long damn time.

These commercials were clearly made by people who don't know what the ____ they are talking about.

No, they were made to fool people. The Cell is a piece of garbage. IBM wanted it to be the processor of the future, it will never ever get past the PS3. I am sure even Sony was regretting going with Cell. Probably before the ink dried on the contract.

They are just milking what they have. First they say nothing is prerendered, it's generated one frame at a time. Then they say that you need 50 gazillion gigabytes of space to hold the levels. Now, if it really was rendered in real-time and truly dynamic, than the DVD wouldn't hold much more than a few textures and program.

It's stupid. Both commercials are misleading and are there to fool people. Smarter than me? haha. My brain can process trillions upon trillions of things at once. The cell has symmetric multiprocessing across 8 cores. My brain has post/live/pre processing that is symmetric, asymmetric, and parallel all at the same time. That was a stupid way to end the commercial.

Now come on, we're all meant to be good little consumer whores and buy the shiney consoles and gag at the pretty commercials. Either that, or just fork out money on technology 'so advanced' that can make worlds come to life, but still can't make me a damn cheese sandwich, bitch.

This robot is smarter then the PS3 because it completes the puzzle in one minute

As for those adverts, exactly the same bullshizzle Sony have been doing since the PSOne that helped lead to the demise of the SEGA Saturn then the SEGA Dreamcast with the PS2, you'd think they'd try something different by now...

Oh and that freaky baby advert also shows that the PS3 is possessed by the devil himself, quick, someone call an exorcist!

A video game console smarter than me (or other humans for that matter)? No, sir, I find that offensive.

"The more you can think about, the smarter you are." Not necessarily. What if you're thinking about the same thing. Let's say, for instance, the PS3 just overheated and is now frozen with the same data being processed =P.