A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Lost World General Discussion

EDIT: 5/17/13 

Confirmed today as a Wii U / 3DS Exclusive by Satoru Iwata as part of a worldwide partnership with SEGA. More info at E3.

BKeQbcKCEAA06vb.jpg

Original post follows. Will clean up OP when we get more information.

I'm one of those guys that is 100% sick of all the crap rumors and I usually don't give them more than a few sentences. But this...this has some hard evidence.

Deefy at SEGABits discovered that SEGA of Europe trademarked the title "Sonic Lost Worlds" within the past couple of days.

R6rH9J5.png

At the time of this post, you can simply search "Sonic" on the following page and SONIC LOST WORLDS will pop up first result. 

http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/RequestManager/en_Result_NoReg#

Also, the domain soniclostworlds.com has been confirmed to be registered to a SEGA of Europe employee. Same goes for soniclostworld.com.

Nice to get some solid info! No clue if this is another mobile game or the next big Sonic game, but I have an inkling we'll know before the end of next week. :)

Edited by Stritix
Updated the topic title to reflect the new forum.
  • Like 2

Confirmed by Satoru Iwata on today's Nintendo Direct as a Wii U and 3DS exclusive as part of a worldwide partnership with SEGA.

Image showed Sonic and Tails on a plane heading towards a broken apart, dilapidated world. Immediate Sonic CD / Unleashed vibes shot through my body. Looking to see if anybody screenshotted it.

EDIT: Found one, adding it to the OP.

I just hope the 3DS version is a worthwhile companion and won't reek of being an afterthought. Dimps hasn't impressed me with a Sonic game since Rush I'm afraid. I can't say the games they've made since have been bad (I really enjoyed Sonic Rush Adventure) but they just don't sit well with me. 

UPDATE: 

More info has been provided by good ol' Nintendo:

"With 'Sonic Lost World,' we're going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun. In terms of Sonic and his friends, he'll have his same friends there, and I think there'll be some new ones as well. It's not a reiteration. It's going to be all new."

This news is brought to you by: DaHog, your friendly neighborhood writer.

Source: Masterofnone from SSMB

Edited by DaHog

A New World is just asking for New Characters. I just hope Somebody besides Sonic is playable again.(Tails I'm looking at you) I may have to wait untill the price drop on the WiiU because theres a few reasons I should get it.

Edited by xXTragicAngelXx
  • Like 1

I wonder if these "new friends" will just be a one game kinda thing, like Chip and Yacker were? Although this may sound cruel, I'd love for there to be a permanent new member of Sonic's cast that's poorly written. Anything to stop the Silver hate.

I don't see too big an issue with introducing new characters. I want to see some of the lesser-used characters come back as much as the next Sonic fan, but I also like seeing the world and mythos expand beyond the main characters.

That's just me though. I love Chip (annoying little dude that he is) and think that Yacker is kind of cool. It just makes sense to me to introduce characters that are only relevant to one game alongside returning members of the cast. To be honest this is one game I would forgive for only having Sonic and Tails though...since they're the only ones we've seen traversing to this new world so far. :P And Eggman of course...since he's the bad guy and this is probably his fault somehow.