A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Why don't I (or you) have a band?

Aaron C-T

PG: I presume there are a bunch that suck too?

What ticks me off are the ones that are formed merely for popularity and not any sort of effort put in to the music. Sortof like this topic, which seems to be going off on the gag that "everyone should be in a band" because it's the latest fad. XO

latest fad ____ its been going on since the 60's. there just seems to be a puplic outcry of whiney emotard kids who just want to bitch cuz their daddy wont buy them some fancy sports car.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hell? They chose clarinet players over teh Sax? =/

Come on let's see some really bad videos of famous people singing.

Look for that one hip hop video where they say "this ____ is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s" I cannot remember the name of that song for the ____ of me, but it's probably the WORST of the worst.

No.. it's Timberland. A black guy who has worked with Justin Timberlake before. And actually I quite like JT. >.>

"What ticks me off are the ones that are formed merely for popularity and not any sort of effort put in to the music. Sortof like this topic, which seems to be going off on the gag that "everyone should be in a band" because it's the latest fad. XO"

That was not my intention, and I don't believe I said anything like that. I was saying that there are people here who are actually talented and yet all these professionals sound like utter crap and don't actually do anything. That and I was kinda hoping other people would post utterly crap live performances so I could have a few more laughs.. >.>

You have to admit quite a few people like Rael have posted awesome electronic stuff, and I've actually got a few of them on my computer that I've burned to CDs. >.>

No.. it's Timberland. A black guy who has worked with Justin Timberlake before. And actually I quite like JT. >.>

"What ticks me off are the ones that are formed merely for popularity and not any sort of effort put in to the music. Sortof like this topic, which seems to be going off on the gag that "everyone should be in a band" because it's the latest fad. XO"

That was not my intention, and I don't believe I said anything like that. I was saying that there are people here who are actually talented and yet all these professionals sound like utter crap and don't actually do anything. That and I was kinda hoping other people would post utterly crap live performances so I could have a few more laughs.. >.>

You have to admit quite a few people like Rael have posted awesome electronic stuff, and I've actually got a few of them on my computer that I've burned to CDs. >.>

Noone comments on them though if they aren't Rael though *stabXD*

Shadix: I'm pretty sure I have one of you're songs on my computer. Granted I don't know which one it is, but I'm almost certain I have one.

Epon: Meh.. you knew what I meant. Not my fault he's got odd spelling. xD

Aero: Digital music is awesome is awesome. Ratatat- Wildcats, Paul Oakenfold- Faster Kill _____cat

Edit: Lol. I love how that's not accepted. Kittycat, maybe?

The only thing about being in a band that you really need to know is that you need to have tough skin. 90% of people won't like your music. 90% of that will openly talk about how much you suck. People judge you based on your music.

Btw, Fuzz, Marilyn Manson sucks. I hate you because I hate the artists you listen to. See how lame that is?

Somebody's going to like your music. I mean hey, just figure out SOMETHING catchy and run with it. That's how P!ATD got famous. Their songwriting is horrid, but they're ridiculously catchy.

It's not hard to find musicians. There is probably an lj community or 5 for your local area's music scene. Example, http://bhamkids.livejournal.com/ . Get in on that, start going to shows. Make friends. Start a band, start playing shows.

And lastly, have NO SHAME. AT ALL. Annoy the crap out of people with your promotion. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Hey, it's working for us. We're signing a guitar endorsement with Halo Guitars this week. We may sign to Hotfoot Records next summer if everything works out.

Woo.

Sage: I think that really depends on the genre. If you are basing this accusation on your own band I can see where people may be just shooting your music down because of it's punk roots.

I personally haven't had too much issue with publicity, then again I'm not even close to on your level.

No, we don't.

I should have said "punk influence", since I definetely hear it when I listen to your music. "roots" was inaccurate, because your music is much more rock rooted than modern punk music can ever be. However, someone could easily make the misconception that you are punk and refuse to even give you a chance. Thats why I was saying your accusation may differ on a case-to-case basis.

As far as defining Punk \ Punk Rock \ Emo \ all of the words used incorrectly or not to refer to the type of music, you are going to have to give me a reason why there is definetely not a Punk influence in your music. Your vocalist has some of the aesthetics of the (modern) genre, there are quite a fews of those punk sounding guitar riffs (JRock bands like AKFG has them too, both the style of riffs and the influence, although it's unnessary to really bring that up), however thats about where it ends. I didn't say it was overly prodominate, but it's dominate enough to where someone can make stupid judgements and actions.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

As promised, I fixed it up:

I must be a gangsta.

This is the old version. I like the fixed up version better. Especially since I don't stumble as much.

The mix is pumping.