A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the Secret of the Rings trailer

Didn't see the old topic on the first page, so yea.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/5229

So first of all, the title is just tentative. No reason to freak just yet.

I am impressed by the gameplay footage. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, though I worry that all levels will simply be one track, with no alternate routes, thus killing any replayability, but we'll have to see about that.

I am impressed by the gameplay footage. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, though I worry that all levels will simply be one track, with no alternate routes, thus killing any replayability, but we'll have to see about that.

Have you ever read Arabian Nights? All 1,000 stories?

EDIT: forgot BB code

I actully think this game holds more potental than Sonic the Hedgehog (360/ps3), mainly on the fact that the game has little room for camera errors and stupid bugs because the level is on a rail. (those stages did pretty much remind me of the old games....just more 3D.)

Glad to see they fixed that stupid jump and added a Homing attack. The new levels also look VERY promising if done right. All they need to do now is get rid of that retarded opening video.

I thought Potental is the ability to reach a higher maximum capacity..but i give up trying to challenge your posts.

The game seriously looks like it has better level design than Sonic the Hedgehog to me. Since the game is railed, its alot more like the orginal games. But now LIKE the orginal games, because the game is on a set path their going to need to constantly add interactive things to that path to make each level fun and different from the other.

Ill be getting both most likely, but im sure ill enjoy SatSR more than Sonic the Hedgehog (they REALLY need to name that game something else) because SatSR isnt bound by the stupidity of the storyline abyss sonic team dug themselves.

"The game seriously looks like it has better level design than Sonic the Hedgehog to me. Since the game is railed, its alot more like the orginal games."

Wait a minute. Don't you people always complain about how the 3D games have been so linear? Damn I swear there is no pleasing you. I mean for ____'s sake you all are constantly "omb more paths please" and yet apparently you don't want more paths. Hell.

Scatta, my fear is that the entire game will be linear. Just for the record :X

On rails is fine, but I'd like to rails to be branching and varied. I played the ____ out of Star Fox 64, but solely for high scores against my dad (but Sonic's not really about scores that much, unless this one is score focused, which is highly unlikely, but just an example)

"The game seriously looks like it has better level design than Sonic the Hedgehog to me. Since the game is railed, its alot more like the orginal games."

Wait a minute. Don't you people always complain about how the 3D games have been so linear? Damn I swear there is no pleasing you. I mean for ____'s sake you all are constantly "omb more paths please" and yet apparently you don't want more paths. Hell.

....Wait what? Who said i dont want any more paths? Obviously the game is going to have more than 1 path through each level, and because its railed its should be 10x easier to implement.

I would explain why I think SatSR has more potental for level design, but im at school right now and really dont feel like wasting my time.

Ill do it when i get home..

I thought Potental is the ability to reach a higher maximum capacity..but i give up trying to challenge your posts.

Exactly. The operative word is a maximum. As in, if the stars align properly and everything goes right and everything is executed well, the game lives up to its potential. Bugs and bad programming would be an example of a game underperforming and not reaching its potential.