A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSNTails has recently updated Sonic Robo Blast 2.

W.A.C.

I gave up on waiting for that game to be finshed, hes never going to do it. He just made another freaking demo, yet the last DEMO he did was like a year ago.

Sonic Team has started and finshed production on two sonic games already since he started that project..

..yet i have yet to play a fangame more fun. (or offical game either, really. Besides heroes.)

Sonic Team has started and finshed production on two sonic games already since he started that project..

Listen to yourself. People who produce games for a living are supposed to crank out more games than a guy doing it in his spare time. Again, we are NOT in competition with Sonic Team, no matter how much you want to be.

Because SRB2 is based off of the Doom engine (or was it Quake?), it can't have loops since the those games never had them. I don't think a game earns a true Sonic-feel if it doesn't have loops (or running on ceilings and such), it's all part of the fun and what makes Sonic who he is. So, SRB2 isn't the best Sonic fangame, not by far. It's good, not the best.

Guest Shadix

SRB2 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I play it similiar to the old Sonic games.

You don't NEED loops to capture the essence of the old school games.

Crank it into OGL mode, plug your controller in, set the control to analog, tweak the graphics setting and turn up the resolution, and you got yourself a damn fun and fast game, even if the mechanics are a tad a skrewy.

Why is that, Rael? I like it just fine ^_^. I've been in their community for exactly 1 year and yet I'm still a big fan.

The physics are too uncomfortable to play with, imo.

And yeah, you don't need loops to capture the old school feel. Only two zones in Sonic 1 had loops.

Guest Shadix

It really is a completely different experience when you play it with an analog controller. (I completely agree with you about the difficulty of control with the keyboard though Rael.)

I'm just upset that my Xbox360 controller treats the L and R triggers as a Z axis. SRB2 doesn't allow me to set stuff to them.

I think the best part is they tried their best to make the levels as unlinear as possible. There are tons of different paths to choose from and you always know you are on track to completing it.

--

...Wasen't it 3? I thought GHZ had a few loops too.

SRB2 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I play it similiar to the old Sonic games.

You don't NEED loops to capture the essence of the old school games.

Crank it into OGL mode, plug your controller in, set the control to analog, tweak the graphics setting and turn up the resolution, and you got yourself a damn fun and fast game, even if the mechanics are a tad a skrewy.

<3 W/ Playstation 2 Look-alike Controller.

Guest Shadix
I wish Sonic's homing attack was like it is on the Sonic Adventure 2 for SRB2. That whole time attack thing is extremely annoying. I mean is it even possible to beat the whole game under 6 minutes?

If you enable Blaze's SASRB2 wad the thock becomes a homing attack.