A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So...what will SEGA do for the Sonic series?

MTwinny

Well, there was that rumour of Sonic Dimensions, but I'm sure that's just a codename or...rumor (yes I know I spelled rumo(u)r both ways).

Maybe a storybook game with Ninjas.

EDIT: I'm starting to appreciate the huge opportunities the mobile market offers with these latest 'pretty cool games.' I remember TSSZ asking if Sega should pursue the mobile market. Maybe after they promote Taxman from Ports guy, we'll see something really innovative on phones and stuff (well, if you can call them phones anymore; they're more like...super mini touch-screen laptops).

Unless it's announced soon I have a feeling were not getting a main game this year. Which may actually be a better thing if they're actually taking time with the next big game instead of trying to rush it out for a holiday release.

Perhaps in the meantime they'll release some more mobile games like Sonic Grind or Sonic Rolls.

We'll get another main Sonic game, the updates to Sonic 1 & 2, and I bet we'll see another original port as opposed to an update. That'll give us plenty of Sonic this year alongside Dash.

To me I think too many Sonic games in a year is bad. I like the past few years though when it came to Sonical releases: were no cluttered dates for Sonic titles.