A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Yet another Sonic model :P

SefirothDB

Had this done for someone ( haven't seen him in weeks ;_; ), decided to revisit the mesh and realized how much it sucked (relatively), so it's remake time.

Pic.

Managed to correct it for the most part, added a hint of textures ("omg Sef textures fo' real?" "ya srsly!"), an assload of bones (everything is boned, IK and such, even individual quills! that's why they look so weird). The rigging is crap as usual in my works and it's got these ____ty eyebrows only I can do. Polycount at 6.5k triangles, and I'm really sure I could get it lower with ease (or maybe not :3).

The background is old'd, it was sitting around, found it, touched it up a bit and there you go. (Un)Surprisingly a bunch of people prefer it to the model in question, haha XD

If anyone's interested, I could release the model for public uses. And even modify it according to one's liking (mayyybe if I'm not too drowned in work like I always am). Lemme know what you think.

EDIT: Less shiny now.

I'd love to mess around with the model, just to try and learn how to rig and stuff with Maya and whatnot. I haven't been in Maya in... forever.

Like I said on AIM.. only problem I have with it is that the environment (ground, star post, etc) are way too shiny. Needs to be toned down quite a bit. Outside of that.. awesome.

Are you going to do similar polygon count models for some of your other Sonic models?

YES! Starting with Hone-*mauled*... Metal Sonic perhaps. Dunno yet, I'm on a preparation-for-tests studying rampage these days and I don't get to use the PC much. I want to do it, though. Anyways, try to get me on AIM/MSN (if you can - I go on and off randomly :/) and I'll export the model for you. But you'll be disappointed, as my meshes are horrible <_<

Here's a little model-only render, of the unrigged kind. See? it is worse than it seems >_>

@Fuzz: Edges, you mean :P

@Scatta: :stare:

@Streak: Get on MSN someday, need to contact you.

@Everyone else: Thanks for the comments! Now I've got an ego boost, I might even try and do some much needed scenarios based on classic levels :3

Here's what I think is wrong.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/LarkSS/SFGHQ%20Forum%20Pics/s002.png

That spot with the circle, well it's a part of the eye brow you made smooth off into a spike. The eyebrow should continue all the way around is eye IMO. Also, I think the eyebrow could be a little more out, indented, whatever. It's not very noticable right now and it really needs to be.

About the torso, I think Sonic just needs more chest is all.

Other than that, awesome stuff. Loved the sky sanctuary background and Sonic looks sweet regardless of his flaws. Nice job man.

Guest Shadix

I think the torso is fine... Like others have stated the indent for the eyes goes all the way around and not off to to the sides, and it looks like the indent might just be a bit too much all the way around.

YES! Starting with Hone-*mauled*... Metal Sonic perhaps. Dunno yet, I'm on a preparation-for-tests studying rampage these days and I don't get to use the PC much. I want to do it, though. Anyways, try to get me on AIM/MSN (if you can - I go on and off randomly :/) and I'll export the model for you. But you'll be disappointed, as my meshes are horrible <_<

Here's a little model-only render, of the unrigged kind. See? it is worse than it seems >_>

You kidding? I love it unposed. And I can see the mesh just by looking at the model... and it's great. Seriously. Anything I dislike (which is only the smallest of small things... tiny little jagged and undetailed areas) I'll just do a quick touch over on. I seriously am digging this one. I would forgive all of Honey's transgressions to my ego if you made a 5-7k poly version of her that looks this godly.

But in all honesty, my highest demand would be for Tails, Knux, and Shadow in any order... simply because thats what I happen to have a call for right now.