A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

my random stage design

baraksha

so after playing a bunch SAGE fan game i felt like trying to drew my own stage just to see what i can do, so here's my very first own small level design, i'm sharing this with you, your welcome to tell me what ever you like, you can tell me weather it sucks so hard that you wan't to choke me or you can tell me it's good for a first time or something else.

iW7dV8iJ2KPWi.jpg

Edited by baraksha

Well I'd be lying if I said it was bad. Even for a first try this stage features simple understanding of layout design, ring placement, multiple pathways (even if just for a giant ring) and gimmick useage. It sure is short, but still had room for little goodies and other stuff. I especially like the 1-Up and the speed shoes above the start, they remind me of Stardust Speedway act 3. I think it's ok, short, but still nice. The only thing that bugs me is the platform with the rings at the start. As long as there is no path up there or rings are required to enter something, then there'll be no reason to go up there, aside from points, of course.

But who am I to talk, I'm no Lake, am I? I'm just a guy who's level design has been called "dull" during SAGE. Well, good luck with making newer and longer designs...

Well I'd be lying if I said it was bad. Even for a first try this stage features simple understanding of layout design, ring placement, multiple pathways (even if just for a giant ring) and gimmick useage. It sure is short, but still had room for little goodies and other stuff. I especially like the 1-Up and the speed shoes above the start, they remind me of Stardust Speedway act 3. I think it's ok, short, but still nice. The only thing that bugs me is the platform with the rings at the start. As long as there is no path up there or rings are required to enter something, then there'll be no reason to go up there, aside from points, of course.

But who am I to talk, I'm no Lake, am I? I'm just a guy who's level design has been called "dull" during SAGE. Well, good luck with making newer and longer designs...

actually, i noticed the level was short, I might could have add more to it

its good but the only bug i have is its mainly one path like marble zone in sonic 1 but faster. that is a nitpick though because not all sonic games need multiple pathways though most of the classic sonic games have these and i have to agree its short but that only matters if it is a level in the middle or end of the game so its good and i think you would be a great sonic level designer.

its good but the only bug i have is its mainly one path like marble zone in sonic 1 but faster. that is a nitpick though because not all sonic games need multiple pathways though most of the classic sonic games have these and i have to agree its short but that only matters if it is a level in the middle or end of the game so its good and i think you would be a great sonic level designer.

thanks man, btw it's short n purpose, it's just a fun test to see what can i do with the ammount of paper i had :)

thanks man, btw it's short n purpose, it's just a fun test to see what can i do with the ammount of paper i had :)

OK. that is understandable. if you want i could remake this level with sonic 1 green hill zone sprites as a picture

Edited by fahyda