A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Could anyone recommend me some Sonic fangames (preferably completed ones) worth playing?

Abcormal

Hi, my name's Corey, and I'm new to this forum.

I'd like to get people to know me better, so here goes:

I've played through Sonic 1, 2, 3, S&K, Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure (1 and 2), and Sonic Heroes. I haven't played any of the more recent games, such as the infamous Sonic '06, Sonic Unleased, Colors, Generations, or Lost World.

A lot of people have said that there are Sonic fangames that are better than the ones made in recent years. I wouldn't know anything about that, but I have played and enjoyed LakeFeperd's Sonic fangames (Before/After the Sequel and Chrono Adventure).

What I'd like to know is, what other Sonic fangames are worth playing?

Now, what I'm looking for mostly are completed fangames (but demos and hacks are fine, too). If you're going to recommend me a fan game, please tell me whether it's completed or not so I can know ahead of time. :)

Thanks in advance.

Corey

You should also consider Sonic Robo Bast 2, Sonic Axiom, Eggman Hates Furries, Sonic Nebulous, and Sonic the Hedgehog Classic.

Welcome to the forum.

I've downloaded Sonic Axiom, SOnic Nebulous, and Sonic CLassic, but have yet to start playing Nebulous and have just started on Axiom and CLassic. As for EHF and RB2, I haven't even downloaded either yet.

After you've finished the completed games I suggest you give some of the demos a chance. I'd suggest

Emerald Ties

The Emerald's Awakening

Sonic Nexus (there are 3 demos with different levels)

Sonic Time Twisted (there are 4 demos with different levels, the oldest one is pretty bad)

Sonic Fan Remix (2 demos the second one being fairly incomplete)

Sonic XG

Retro Sonic (there's a newer demo and if you can find the version from the early 2000s it has some extra levels too)

Sonic Game Land

Sonic the Hedgehog 3D

Metal Sonic Hyperdrive (hack)

Sonic Zero: Remastered (3 demos with different levels)

Salom Adventure

Sonic Mettrix

Project Spike Pig

Sonic Fusion (lots of levels in this one)

Planet Freedom

Sonic Edge of Darkness

Sonic Black Ace

Super Sonic Knockout

Did you play Before the Sequel Aftermath?