A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spark the electric jester - (DEMO v3 BETA)

No, that's not a nifty idea, especially not in an MMF2 game. First of all, there would be a fuck-ton of lag. Second of all, it would make it hard to bring the player into new places. Say you're walking from a savannah into a desert; you can't just stop having savannah-y things the instant you want desert; it would take much longer to segway into the new area, making things slower and boring.

"Testing out the background for Stage 11.

It’s sort of supposed to be a spaceport of somekind, the huge light is the way it is to be seen from very, very far away and not really be that bright to things near it. You can also see a huge ship preparing for landing."

Edited by LakeFeperd
  • Like 1

"Testing out the background for Stage 11.

It’s sort of supposed to be a spaceport of somekind, the huge light is the way it is to be seen from very, very far away and not really be that bright to things near it. You can also see a huge ship preparing for landing."

the background light looks eye-catchingly awesome. The foreground rocks are jarring though. The shading around the edges looks a bit awkward to me.

Sorry for a double post

"Falk - on sonic retro

So I've been told it's okay to announce; Andy Tunstall, Maxie and I each have one track in this demo. Since we seem to have set this hilarious precedent that projects of this sort in recent history need to have a giant roster of composers, there's also a few hidden cards up our sleeves right now."

So, yeah.

Andy did the track for the first stage, Falk did the boss battle and Maxiedaman did the water level.

Edited by LakeFeperd
  • Like 3

OvWd8EX.png

Crossposting from the sonic retro thread:

"This is a "rage" bar. (I still have no name for it, any ideas?)
It’s a bar that’s raised by your normal attacks, once it’s full you can charge and release a more powerfull charge shot. Depending on your position you can take out the first boss in one shot with that blast.
If this is overpowered, I’m not really sure yet, the idea is to add a new way to beat boss battles that gives an incentive to use both normal attacks and the charge shot instead of just using one or the other.
For the stages, it should be rare for the player to fill the whole bar during a stage since it starts depleting atfer a while, unless it’s an specific section.”

Please ignore the green square.
Anyway, after I make a few more changes, there should be an update for the demo coming soon.