A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Boom Video Game (Wii U/3DS)

Stritix

the main issue with the gameplay here is a broken mess, you have first this hub-worlds with the free roaming stuff that they were saying that the whole game could be like that, then you have kinda "minigames" with knuckles, tails, and amy (she has the most of them in the game i dunno why) that are "press green button to win" and that's it, yes sometimes you have a different "puzzle" here and there like the one with the crystals, but they repeat in the whole game what's the point in do a puzzle based game if the puzzles are the same?

Yes Boom its more stable than 06 but at least in 06 with all the glitches you had some fun times (few ones) here is so automated that its like "Press start to let the game play itself" every time you touch a dasher or a spring its like sonic goes in match speed mode and you dont have any control of it, and its even worse than the 06 dashers and springs, the match speed sections in this game are kinda nice, but with the huge amount of lag and stuff its worse than 06 at least in 06 you dont have any kind of lag in the match speed sections.

And yeah 06 had the best soundtrack since unleashed and generations, here its like playing a Crash Bandicoot game kinda like, the only song i liked from Crash titles was the main menu from Crash 3 Warped, then its like watching a poor made wacky cartoon with that uninspired music they have, sonic has to have something fresh and upbeat with the music something that makes you want go faster and make radical stuff, like Crisis City music or City Escape, instead here we have "The Incredibles" type of soundtrack....come on BRB

I can understand "bad", but there is simply no defending an unstable videogame, released on consoles, with a $50 price tag. Glitches, sure. But the type of glitches present in this game, Nah

The gameplay also isnt working if it's sitting on a 41 metascore with an even lower user rating....which is where shitty sonic games are supposed to thrive

This game did nothing right, just like sonic 06 did nothing right. I couldn't pick silver linings off those games if i tried...and im like, a genius at that.

Edited by Serephim
  • Like 1

I have to disagree:

Wow i didnt see that XDDD okay yes 06 its more stable than this, i was saying its more stable in the gameplay than 06, that game was just plain broken and well the gameplay was not polished enough, here even if its boring as hell its very polished and everything works as is supposed to work, but hey i dont even sure if that's correct enough even, i stopped playing it when i reached shadow fight ugh that was just lame

Sonic Boom reminds me that I am going to die one day, and that I’ll probably die alone. I doubt I’ll want to die, but the fact I’m dying won’t matter, and the fact I lived at all will be even less important. We’re all going to die, and everything we spent our dank lives building, everything we’ve worked for, will be as ash in the wind. The people we’ve come to love, whose existences we’ve enhanced and impacted in some profound way, are meaningless, because one day they’ll all be dead too. Eventually, the Sun will expand to the point of annihilating everything on this planet, swallowing our entire history, wiping all evidence of humanity from existence. It’s all for nothing. It’s all so very pointless. Sonic Boom exists because we’re all going to die one day, and we don’t matter.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/2014/11/sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-review/

im dead

• Like 1

Aw, I missed the discussion of cereal and other such starchy-sweet things? I was gonna talk about how much I used to love Oreos, but I've lost all respect for them because they keep desperately throwing new, underdeveloped flavors at the wall to see what sticks instead of focusing on improving what they have. But I guess that's not really relevant, now is it?

I've been playing the Fire Emblem games.

They are like, AMAZING.

Like, play them. The series is severely underrated. It needs to be more popular than it is.

As someone who has a really hard time getting into RPGs of any kind, (I've had Pokemon Ruby for like 8 years and I'm only on the 5th gym) the series is fun and easy to get into.

Just play it. one of the GBA games is on the Wii U virtual console for like 8 USD. That one is a little easier than some of the other fire emblem games, so i reccomend that to get started.

Awakening is good too, get it before it falls into obscurity and costs 60 dollars like path of radiance does now.