A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I'm sending this build out to testers as well so if you've ever tested the game in the past, please make sure your pm boxes aren't full please.

ESTATE isn't the only game making progress however:

i didnt get a PM 

its just...i mean its okay, i understand man.

@neofiresonic

When making custom pose animations/gifs, especially in any sort of sonic-style, always try to make it as smooth and realistic as possible. Try and make it look flood and alive.

Not a Sonic pose per-say, but it works well with the whole realistic thing:

m5_a7_animation_1_by_sonic117007-d4ogotr

Now, these are between 3 and 5 years old, respectively, so the sprite design as a whole isn't the best but it should give a good fluid example on what I mean:

battle_idle_revamp__d_by_sonic117007-d4p

Joey_Battle_Idle_2_75_by_sonic117007.gif

Now, I do really like the one you made, it could just use some tweaking, and it would be perfect for the job.

• Like 1

@neofiresonic

When making custom pose animations/gifs, especially in any sort of sonic-style, always try to make it as smooth and realistic as possible. Try and make it look flood and alive.

Not a Sonic pose per-say, but it works well with the whole realistic thing:

m5_a7_animation_1_by_sonic117007-d4ogotr

Now, these are between 3 and 5 years old, respectively, so the sprite design as a whole isn't the best but it should give a good fluid example on what I mean:

battle_idle_revamp__d_by_sonic117007-d4p

Joey_Battle_Idle_2_75_by_sonic117007.gif

Now, I do really like the one you made, it could just use some tweaking, and it would be perfect for the job.

those 2 sprites would look much better with some vertical bounce to them. Their side to side wavering looks very unnatural without it.

Say hello to my first official independent project, which does not have a name yet:

vPuNObj.png

FTxPohF.png

It's about a Jolt of Electricity whose mission is to get to the center of a computer's hard drive to destroy the virus inside of it. The game is exploration based, and involves travelling through specific parts of the computer, starting with Wireless Receiver, and including places like the motherboard, the video card, and the processor.

Instead of levels, you have a "Rank". To gain ranks, you must gain experience by defeating enemies. Every time you rank up, your attack gets stronger, but the required experience needed to level up increases. Every 5 ranks, you gain a new power, Allowing you to take different paths and experience the game in a new way every time you play. When you die, you lose 1 rank. The game will also feature a simple buy/sell shop system where you can buy perks like faster speed and higher jumps. You can also buy ranks for high prices, with the price per rank corresponding with how high your rank is. There is no limit to how many ranks you can have, so who knows what kind of crazy quick boss runs people will pull off.

That's about it for now, I will share more later :)

• Like 3

so okay for dark super sonic in my game, he currently uses this pose

3aksI2l.gif

but i also saw this pose while looking through google

Zwg7RlP.gif

which do you think is better?

Hmmm.... I'd say number 2, because his pose differentiates him from the other characters better. The first looks a lot like Shadow's idle in Sonic Battle. Pose 2 also seems more "I'm gonna kick your butt and kill your family" Which I'm sure is the angle for "dark" super sonic.

Hello everyone, while I work on to fix (and finish) this, I'm also trying to "port" it to Unity3D, take a look:

Credits goes to:

Me/Gistix (The main coder of the project)

ZerkerXror (The beta tester)

Axiumghost13 (Our animator)

3DSawnikku (General Help and Support)

SonicDBZFan07 (General Help and Support)

Thanks for everyone who helped, directly or, indirectly!

Edited by Gistix
  • Like 4

Wow Gistix, I'm blown away! That's freaking awesome! My only, minor, nitpick is- Is this a literal port of 06? Because while it'll fix 06's control problems some things like sliding on water.. I don't know.. But all in all this is so fantastic I can't find the words to describe it. I keep replaying the video.

Thanks, it's not a port, It's a fan game being made running on Blitz 3D's Blitz Sonic engine, by porting I mean porting it from Blitz 3D to Unity 3D.

• Like 1

Oh so the porting is of the levels? But you're gong to make it into a full fledged fan game? That sound's awesome, please (this is my opinion) don't stick strictly to the 06 formula like say.. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2D :( But otherwise, even if you do stick to 06 this looks amazing!

Yes, that's the plan, with bosses, cutscenes and everything else, as you can see, sonic is faster than the actual 2006 sonic, so... yeah!, I'm making the possible to keep 2006 alike, and make It enjoyable.

• Like 1

So I as working on Havok Harbor's new interactive music engine. Its supposed to basically work like Falk's "Be cool Be Wild" demonstration which I'd also link to but it he made it private for what ever reason.

The engine works for the most part (except the odd pre-mature looping I don't know what thats all about), you can hear the music change in different parts but clearly EVERYTHING else went wrong.

This new music engine is in preparation for Havok Harbor's new original music track which will be in the next release.

@Gistix: Thats impressive that you've transcribed that much of the level over to unity and maintained the overall graphical look. Those camera angles and rainbow rings are clearly still a work in progress though.

Edited by Highwire4
  • Like 2

Hello everyone, while I work on to fix (and finish) this, I'm also trying to "port" it to Unity3D, take a look:

Credits goes to:

Me/Gistix (The main coder of the project)

ZerkerXror (The beta tester)

Axiumghost13 (Our animator)

3DSawnikku (General Help and Support)

SonicDBZFan07 (General Help and Support)

Thanks for everyone who helped, directly or, indirectly!

Yes, i actually agree with Light on this one. While it's impressive that this game looks so similar to Sonic 06...Sonic 06 certainly not a style you should aspire to, everything about the game looks dreadfully sloppy. I think the only reason i'd play an 06 fangame is because it'd be a fangame. Nothing else about Sonic 06 is very pleasing.

As an effort though, it's very impressive. But the only way to make 06 enjoyable is to make it nothing like 06.

Edited by Serephim
  • Like 2

As an effort though, it's very impressive. But the only way to make 06 enjoyable is to make it nothing like 06.

yeah to make a sonic06 enjoyable make it into adventure 2 battle(although thats impossible.)

Edited by Neo_Fire_Sonic