A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Well damn dude, couldn't find a nicer way to critique? I agree with the text and all but I can't say that I agree on the whole thing looking bad. Just needs a few adjustments to look better.

Oh, don't mind him. He's always been incredibly blunt, which I honestly think is a good thing... I mean, when telling people what's wrong with their game, there really isn't much need to sugar-coat it.

By the way, I do agree with what both of you have said here... The font does look pretty terrible.

Oh, don't mind him. He's always been incredibly blunt. Which I honestly think is a good thing. I mean, when telling people what's wrong with their game, there really isn't much need to sugar-coat it.

By the way, I do agree with what both of you have said here... The font does look pretty terrible.

Yeah but if you want to judge what people do the RIGHT way, you would do it without attempting to piss them off or upset them.

Good, then we're even, well, actually, I was quite impressed when I read it ((;

EDIT:

[qimg]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3228/semttulokoz.png[/qimg]

Options dont save.

That's awful looking. Look at those objects and text full of aliasing like you stretched 'em or so, just because you didn't imported the alpha channel. Clean up your design and choose better fonts and better colors. I know that you're trying to recreate Generations' type of interface but what that design had best was the simplicity in it, it didn't had those various shapes behind any text, it was placed mostly in the corners.

Imagine your scene as a desk. If you place a lot of stuff in it like papers, notes, pens, etcetera, it'll be hard to find what someone else who is seeing that desk for the first time is looking for. You have to organize your desk and leave whatever it is that you're trying to draw atention isolated so people can easily see it and pick it up apart.

That's awful looking. Look at those objects and text full of aliasing like you stretched 'em or so, just because you didn't imported the alpha channel. Clean up your design and choose better fonts and better colors. I know that you're trying to recreate Generations' type of interface but what that design had best was the simplicity in it, it didn't had those various shapes behind any text, it was placed mostly in the corners.

Imagine your scene as a desk. If you place a lot of stuff in it like papers, notes, pens, etcetera, it'll be hard to find what someone else who is seeing that desk for the first time is looking for. You have to organize your desk and leave whatever it is that you're trying to draw atention isolated so people can easily see it and pick it up apart.

Finally someone agrees with me.

Hi there, im working in some HD animations and this was i did last time:

[qimg]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/284/0/4/metal_sonic_hd_anim_by_gblastman-d5hhjp6.gif[/qimg]

a Metal Sonic HD idle pose, it was made in Anime Studio, sketched in SAI so its all custom, vectorized and finished in Photoshop with effects and stuff to give the chrome effect in metal.

Nice! How long you do HD pics like this?

not much i did a Mecha Sonic MK2, also i working on a Sonic sprites from sonic 3

and i have the idle frame of Jazz of Jazz Jackrabbit as well

Look here is what im talking about

sonic_3_hd_sprite_anims_by_gblastman-d4xnc24.gif

those are half way vectorized and done, but i think i will do a second version based in the Sonic 3 artwork like the team of Sonic 2 HD Alpha did with the sonic 2 sprites

sth_3hd_standing_sprite_by_gblastman-d4edls1.jpg

Idle Sonic 3 sprite

doomsday_zone_hd_wallpaper_by_gblastman-d3bci0u.jpg

Super Sonic Sonic 3 sprite in a mock-up pic of Doomsday Zone (yes with the Blitzsonic hud)

Silver_Sonic_MKII_HD_Sprite_by_GBlastMan.jpg

and this was the first HD sprite i did, but it doesnt came out as wonderfull as i wanted since i love this mecha sonic

and also a pic i did for Sonic Generations kinda like that pic with Sonic and Knuckles clashing fists with robotnick and tails in the back, only that this is more like sonic-sonic pic

mixed_in_generations_by_gblastman-d4edolj.jpg

sorry for the huge size of the pics everybody that's all i have and i at work and aslo im too lazy to go to tinypic and upload them

Sorry about being inactive for a long ass time. Usually progress on the game flourishes during the summer months, plus I've been sidetracked with something else, something having to do with music.

I'm writing an instrumental progressive metal solo album

:D

Building of the game will restart... once me and SuperBliz get out shit together in school. Anyway, I'm hoping this doesn't end up having the same fate as Sonic 2 HD. Good luck with your project. Plus I like your Sonic Bliz project, Emerald. Love the art style.

Well, it still needs a few more adjustments, but it's going in the right direction.

Some tips:

1-Put an "empty bar" for the game volume adjuster. Basically, make it 1 or 2 pixels bigger than your bar counter, and paint its inner area gray, then put it behind your colored bar counter. The bar will look tidier and be more intuitive that way.

2-Try making logos/texts with Paint.NET - it's a simple, yet powerful image editor that should help you greatly improve your interface design elements. Grab the "outline" and "drop shadow" plugins (they're in the program's forums), these should cover your text sprucing needs. It's a step down from Photoshop, but it's free and much easier to use - which can save you time.

3-The options menu text in the upper area should be blue, a complementary color to the yellow/orange gradient you got in its back. It's hard to read currently.

To brush up your color theory concepts, head to Color Scheme Designer - which lets you select different ranges, such as analogic, complementary, triads and tetrads.

Most games don't pay much attention to their interface. Even some big-name games have interface fuck-ups. It's important to have a nice interface to make the game more intuitive, and also because some people do tend to apply the "judging a book by its cover" concept, mainly with the presentation of a game.

Well, it still needs a few more adjustments, but it's going in the right direction.

Some tips:

1-Put an "empty bar" for the game volume adjuster. Basically, make it 1 or 2 pixels bigger than your bar counter, and paint its inner area gray, then put it behind your colored bar counter. The bar will look tidier and be more intuitive that way.

2-Try making logos/texts with Paint.NET - it's a simple, yet powerful image editor that should help you greatly improve your interface design elements. Grab the "outline" and "drop shadow" plugins (they're in the program's forums), these should cover your text sprucing needs. It's a step down from Photoshop, but it's free and much easier to use - which can save you time.

3-The options menu text in the upper area should be blue, a complementary color to the yellow/orange gradient you got in its back. It's hard to read currently.

To brush up your color theory concepts, head to Color Scheme Designer - which lets you select different ranges, such as analogic, complementary, triads and tetrads.

Most games don't pay much attention to their interface. Even some big-name games have interface fuck-ups. It's important to have a nice interface to make the game more intuitive, and also because some people do tend to apply the "judging a book by its cover" concept, mainly with the presentation of a game.

Thx a lot gsoft!, but once again i dont guarantee anything in final product!, well, thx once again XD

Oh, don't mind him. He's always been incredibly blunt, which I honestly think is a good thing... I mean, when telling people what's wrong with their game, there really isn't much need to sugar-coat it.

There's a time and place for being "Blunt", just like there's one for being overly excited and accepting. Sitting behind the critic's desk always grants you immunity from backlash because no matter what happens, the other person has their craft on the line and are looking for approval. Blunt explanations are for people who dont let regular help sink in due to their own ignorance or bias. For everything else, there's tact. There are so many ways you can tell someone they're unattractive. That's why words like "ugly" are offensive.

So the people who skip straight to blunt to abuse that critic's immunity, IMO, are just being faggots.

@Gear Those are amazingly cool. My favorite has to be the running Sonic sketch.

Here's a mock up just showing off some of the pixel art from Time Twisted.

[qimg]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5170721/radical%20ruins%20past.png[/qimg]

Knuckles has his hat back! =D That's awesome! (The rest of it is quite good too. What's with the grossly mis-shapen owl though?)