A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Overbound, try adding some shadow to these planets and an atmosphere, generally this will help you to sell that they're planets.

Needless to say, having some better textures would help even more.

lchjU.png

Just quickly did it in Photoshop, you can probably spend more time in it and make it looks better.

Oh, yeah, the blue page kind of blew out the atmosphere field, open the image in a new window and you'll see what I'm taking about)

Your old fangame Sonic 4 (or Sonic GR apparently) seems like it has returned, but at the same time, it looks like an S1 remake. I love it! I can't test it for you because my computer is somewhat shit, but I'll still download the SAGE demo.

BTW, that shadow seems ugly and out of place. Needs to be more transparent.

The first zone is somewhat of a remake of the Game Gear version of GHZ. It's the obligatory tropical island level. Aside from that the zones are much more unique. The zones from the old demo are still in. Basically, I really had to get a new engine in order to counter the problems with the FPS that the old version had. In turn, I also redid the level design instead of remaking the old dated levels when I could improve them much more.

Just to prove it's not a remake, here are some screens of the other zones in the SAGE demo.

PANIC2.png

PANIC3.png

PANIC4.png

PANIC5.png

PANIC6.png

I like it. My only gripes with the screenshots are:

- You reused the mountains from the first zone in your ice zone. It wouldn't be such a problem if It were less noticeable.

- The snow doesn't have an edge on it.

- The leaves in the background seem odd and sort of mashed together

- The Hill Top clouds seem odd when used the way you have.

- The checkers underneath the grass doesn't have a 3D type edge on both sides (If that makes sense)

HOWEVER...

- I love the blocks underneath the snow, and the snow itself is nice.

- I like everything in the green screenshot, besides that one point I already mentioned.

- I like the whole "light shining through the leaves" effect you have going on in the background.

- I like that your returning the boss from your first Sonic 4 demo.

My pants have just exploded. Some pure Genesis-esque-ness going on there.

I'm not to fond of the snow however looks too ... blocky at the bottom. And the shadow seems more obstrusiv j ust being a black barrier.

I don't really like Nack either, his hat isn't a very nice colour and nor is he, he's too pink.

That actually looks great. I always liked the shoes and goggles Sonic had in Riders, looks good!

BTW, remember how Sir Euan did those HUGE mockups for Sonic Forever/XG? Well, I thought it would be a cool idea to do that. I made these so you could see more of the tilesets. Will be making more soon. I did mockups of the tilesets with the most recent changes.

TOWERING TREETOPS

TreetopsPreview.png

VEHEMENT VOLCANO

VehementPreview.png