A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

That actually looks really good. Actually, my main problem with Pixel art isn't shading at all, it's sizing. It's either way to small, or WAY to large.

EDIT: It's a start :P

[qimg]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz281/darkspikes598/pasonichead.png[/qimg]

WOW... That looks terrible. Not just his proportions but the shading as well. It goes to rough. Take a look at the Sonic from the 32x that you had earlier on, look how smooth the shading goes and how it gives Sonic a dimension, almost like he is rounded (which is, btw... Sonic is just a bunch of balls and a few curved cones). But the shading you made, creates the impression that he is flat.

The shading goes from dark to bright too fast, and the pallet isn't one of the best either.

I don't get it neither... Why are you spriting SuperBliz's drawing when VitAnderson gave you one way way way better (no offense, SuperBliz) in which not just the proportions are almost correct (Sonic's thumb, Tails' forehead and ears... Small things that are wrong) the scale is pretty much set for you (just have to go and draw on top of it). Also it looks original and badass?

Detla: That emblem looks like you resized it, Looks bad I.M.O.

SaitoSan: The last screenshot, move the post position across about 3 pixels for it to look like he is actually holding onto it or climbing because right now it looks like he's holding on to it by his finger.

@BlazefireLP I changed the animation hotspot. The character moves fluidly, but once i finish the engine i'll make a thread and put an engine test with a tutorial stage.

P.S thanks for telling me whats wrong. I can actually make the game better when i get told what is wrong with it.

Detla: That emblem looks like you resized it, Looks bad I.M.O.

SaitoSan: The last screenshot, move the post position across about 3 pixels for it to look like he is actually holding onto it or climbing because right now it looks like he's holding on to it by his finger.

I stretched it out because the sheet with the ring on it was ripped from an emulator, and in turn, the rip ended up making it look like an oval rather than a circle. These quotes from the old Post Your Screenshot thread should explain why.

"This is because sonic cd's title screen was drawn at a less wide/thinner ratio than the standard 320x224 and then just stetched long ways to fill the screen, can't remeber exactly why, but there you go." - Sir Euan (5/30/2007)

"It's due to the Mode7-esque clouds. They can only run in a 256x224 resolution for some reason. The special stages are the same." - Hapi-San (5/30/2007)

WOW... That looks terrible. Not just his proportions but the shading as well. It goes to rough. Take a look at the Sonic from the 32x that you had earlier on, look how smooth the shading goes and how it gives Sonic a dimension, almost like he is rounded (which is, btw... Sonic is just a bunch of balls and a few curved cones). But the shading you made, creates the impression that he is flat.

The shading goes from dark to bright too fast, and the pallet isn't one of the best either.

I don't get it neither... Why are you spriting SuperBliz's drawing when VitAnderson gave you one way way way better (no offense, SuperBliz) in which not just the proportions are almost correct (Sonic's thumb, Tails' forehead and ears... Small things that are wrong) the scale is pretty much set for you (just have to go and draw on top of it). Also it looks original and badass?

I'm gonna do my best to try and re-edit it, plus I didn't sprite SuperBliz's drawing, I made it freehand.

I'll try to edit it to make it look better. With the addition of this zone and maybe another one, that makes a total of 14 zones. Bolded means finished graphics.

Shimmering Shores

Corrupted Canyon

Antarctic Amethyst

Riverbank Retreat

Towering Treetops

Roulette Roadway

Flooded Foundation

Malicious Mineshaft

Vehement Volcano

Hurricane Heights

Levitated Leviathan

Supernova Satellite