A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

That sprites looking nice Blazefire.. i think the whole problem with the eyes is they just needed a little shading like around the edges to make them look like there glossy.. Basically what Blazefire's done to them..

Your graphics allways seem to stir up quite a debate Lake heheh

dont worry about the sprite, i'll not use it in ATS if it does not fit, but first, i got to find a way to finish the whole sheet, wich is kinda hard for me alone, so it should take a while

@BlazefireLP

too many colors, i think

the sprite is already contrasting with the badniks and some few graphics of the game and with this one the contrast would be even bigger

@Kessler, looking great!

@Cleberson, You've really progressed! The HUD could use some work, but I like where this is going.

Thx (:

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/lH71W.png[/qimg]

there's still some few poses that should be done but...

what do you guys think?

btw, the colors on the legs of the walking animation and the looking up animation are aready fixed

Soo.. You is SEGA? /joke

Really, awesome job man xD

Ok unfortunatly I cant seem to take a picture of my game on this laptop but I have a question for anyone willing to answer: In my game, the main character is able to shoot sound waves; I have this function mapped to the left mouse button so where ever the mouse may be, when you click a sound wave appears. Now recently I've been testing my game and I find that tis may become uncomfortable to some having to use the mouse. Should I make it so instead of using the mouse, if you press a button, a sound wave comes out of the player(similar to a bullet) and goes straight? or should I leave it the way it is?

(I do have a video of it in the game topic "JAM"...)

Well it's starting to look better. The direction ain't bad it seems so I take back about "overhauling" it with a whole new take. The sprites just needs some kind of polish. With the sprites well shaded like that, the eyes just look a bit flat? I dunno but something's just a little off so I hope this will be figured out eventually. You'll always get my full support Lake. I love your work. It's filled with passion

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/lH71W.png[/qimg]

there's still some few poses that should be done but...

what do you guys think?

btw, the colors on the legs of the walking animation and the looking up animation are aready fixed

Some of the shading is wrong going on your common light source, parts have more contrast than they should and some of them are slightly pillow shaded or contains too much of the lightest shade in one place. Other than that, I like em. But, they do need quite a bit of work here and there. Especialy the mouth.

Just an update on the current situation with EOD. I suggested we use the Sonic Worlds engine, and SuperBliz replied with this:

I COULD try MMF2 again, it's just I have to somehow find the crack I used last time. It was an .iso, and I burned it to a disk. Then I ran the installation on my computer and hoorah! I had MMF2 for free. The only thing I don't like about the program it's a little too simple. For example, I don't like how the "frame" editor and stuff works. I could give that program another shot. I know the basic elements of the Sonic Worlds engine, it's just I have no clue how to edit the engine parts itself. Unless I can do an incredible miracle and rebuild the DASH engine to be completely smooth and bug-free (since I've almost perfected my knowledge of the DASH engine), we'll have to switch to another program.

@Cleberson Nice Screenshot but many modern fangames containing boost don't last long.... but i wish you good luck.

@Delta Hedgehog I'm not sure switching to MMF2 is a good idea right now unless you're at least formal with it or you will just end up in the situation of quitting this program and going to this one and quitting that one and so forth.

I have progressed on the sonic advance full engine using blazefirelp's originated one.

Screenie1.png

Screenie2.png

Screenie3.png

Screenie4.png

Screenie5.png