A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

That's the blur effect, when Sonic reaches a certain speed it creates a semi-transparent after-image. It looks pretty cool in motion. You can disable it (along with other things like parallax) in the pause menu if it slows down your system, but I never bother doing that before taking these quick screenshots (they may as well be mock-ups, since I'm not actually designing any level yet...)

Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback, guys. When I make another breakthrough I'll post it haha. I want to get Emerald Ties moving again.

Some of Tidal Tubes' gimmicks sprited:

[qimg]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6496/testbx.png[/qimg]

This mock up took 6.. ..er, 9 hours to do. Yikes.

It would have taken around 20 minutes if it wasn't for TV Tropes.

That looks really impressive to me.

I like the background..

Looks like an edit of those Chaotix bushes.

NewSonic.png

I got bored and this is the end result of concept for a sorta custom look.

The quills were designed to match that of Sonic 3's as well as fusing the feet to give it a Sonic 3 feel.

The hands were made to fit the look as well.

I shall re-color this soon if I really feel or I should just leave it as is.

I am not an artist or a genius at this thing so if there's something about this that can be done better let me know but not by doing it yourself.

Other than that I feel this is fine the way it is.

Woah Sparks, that stuff is impressive. You've got a real knack for pixel-pushing. My favorite part is probably how consistent everything is. Just one thing: is the purple background final? The dithering section looks a bit odd to me. I'd also suggest desaturating most of the background itself, if not to create some more contrast between that and the playable plane. Other than that, great work!

I want to get Emerald Ties moving again.

:aparty: :aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

TOTALLY UP FOR THAT

@Sparks: Making the post slightly smaller could help, perharps. Still, I find that most part of the oddity is on the rounded part with a star, which is actually from another variety of Checkpoint Post. Maybe you just have to get used to it, since you're mixing a Sonic 1 style with a Sonic 3 style.

... right has light source in the center, ala other lamp poles (which was because the sprite was symmetrical, to save on ROM space).

Hey now, that doesn't mean it's not still a good idea. Did you have your heart set on an asymmetrically colored lamp post? Because otherwise, I think it just makes it look lopsided, and that version C is the best one.

EDIT: It's probably just the shades, though, the right side of A looks like an outline instead of a gradient.

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43346058/test.png[/qimg]

Pick a pole, any pole. Just don't dance on them.

Left has light source on left, right has light source in the center, ala other lamp poles (which was because the sprite was symmetrical, to save on ROM space).

edit: added a C version

The one on right seems better. The centered light source of the star and the smaller size made it less bright on the corners, making the blue ball seem "more important", IMO.

Strange how little details can affect a whole sensation.

But still, you are the creator, you'll have to see if it really fits on your levels. Sometimes, things shown separated from the entire concept can mean something much more different.

\o/

I'm terrible to create sprites, but I'm very good at editing them:

tumblr_lvkixtb0xE1qmkwg6o1_400.gif

GIF poor quality.

A badnick from Sonic CD, I edited for my game. Done today.

This badnick have a name?

AfhyhlvCEAAKIBy.jpg

JPEG poor quality.

A simple bumper, done by me.

=

AfL-o9aCAAAb5ut.png

(Very old picture, there are more things done.)

Fire shield done by "Diogo" for my game. He's done this same shield in other colors: Blue, Green and Yellow. But i decided don't use it.