A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Looking great Strfie! Fab sprite work.

If she has other energy attacks she fires from her body then go for the the latter idea but if she ony shoots out of her gun do you think it would be a bit misplaced unless you plan to add more?

Thanks. ^_^

Yeah, that's the thing - she doesn't have any other energy attacks. The closest thing she has is the ability to throw certain enemies. So, the gun option would be more consistent.

I'd like her to be able to use an attack like this from the get-go so that her gameplay is just as appealing as the male PC, but I just don't see how it would work out plot-wise. She's a fairly normal kid up until she meets him, so there's no reason she'd have this kind of firepower at that point, or even know how to use it well. xD

That's just strange how I posted this in the Collab thread and nobody saw yet.

Small comparision.

SmallEdit.png

And before you guys start shouting that you didn't like it, well, I'll describe how it looks in motion:

1 - at the start of frame, a white fade reveals a background. It is random; changes between Green Hill, Emerald Hill, Angel Island, Mushroom Hill and Attraction (from Sonic Crackers). The last two ones don't show any motion, but the three first ones show at least the water moving. I'm gonna figure out if I can make the other two move too. Maybe adding some mushrooms, idk.

2 - then, after one second or two, a sound effect is played and the logo pops up, fading from white to its original color. The blue parts of "Sonic Worlds" and the "Level Collab"'s letters work like a window, as you can see above.

(I'm afraid you guys won't understand, but I'm not sure if I'd record a video showing it. Well, check the old Cheese Hill's video and you'll understand more or less how it works)

I maintained the original outline of the SWLC Beta Logo and hanged the saturation of the background, along with the "Powered By" letters to make it a bit more original, yet not forgetting the game's roots. But I feel like I'm replacing this logo background.

Opinions, please?

Ye Olde Cheese Hill Zone video:

I'M ALREADY ACCEPTING THE LEVELS. If anyone already finished an act or whatever, you may send it to sonicwlc(at)rocketmail(dot)com. And, due to technical reasons, WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING LEVELS THAT MAKE ANY USE OF HWA. So yes, guys, remember to take a look at the submission rules on the engine or at the main blog. You can get to the main blog by just clicking my signature below. And don't remember to give credit to those who helped you somehow, in a separate .txt file, so I can add it to the Credits screen.

Never knew you worked on Fusion. Loving the look so far. Not much else to say at this point, except maybe make the level tiles a bit more weathered/ruined?

Of course I'll nicely ruin it on the final phase of creating. :D

Btw, say hello to the rusty head! headrf.png

And also you can listen to the music theme I've chosen for the zone: http://file.qip.ru/audio/n-OOHtY1/OVERJUNK.html

scpunch.png

Goodbye charge attack, hello rapid-fire punch combo. It's actually surprisingly gratifying to wallop enemies up close, especially when you can punch pretty much as fast as you can press the attack key. xD

Each screenshot has the same explosion sprite, but the game randomizes their scale and angle to add a little more variety.

I'm not sure about Hidden Heights Zone, since your first zone is Hilltop Heights...

The clouds look a bit strange for a Sonic game.

Other than that, those "SHIT MAN WTF MAN I LUV THIS GAEM MAN I FUCKIN WANNA PLAY IT MAN LOVE YOU MAN" things I already told you are still coming out of my mouth.

Thanks OB! ^_^

Last SonicBTS zone in works

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/o4wMA.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i.imgur.com/clt5r.png[/qimg]

background and tiles in the 2º screenshot are still beta.

i was simply going to name it "Death Egg Zone" but what do you guys think of "Hidden Heights Zone"

Whoa, cool! Great background work as always. =D

As for Hidden Heights... Hmm, is this the final zone? It doesn't really have that "final zone" punch to it, methinks.

• Like 1

this is the death egg before it was rebuild in sonic 3 and it is in still construction.

being that this is a 3 act zone i was plaing to call act 1 and 2 "Hidden Heights" and the third one "Death egg"

well... sonic still doesnt know that this is the death egg but the only thing he knows it is could be a secret weapon.

so... what do you guys think of "Secret Sphere Zone"?

Idk if you guys noticed, but he's aiming for zones with two names and the same letter in the beginning of every name. Just like SCD.

"Secret Sphere" sounds very good to me.

EDIT:

starlitzagain1.pngstarlitzagain2.pngstarlitzagain3.png

I think I finished it. I just need to add more details. And I'm not sure if I'm gonna add badniks, maybe I'll program one.

It has the same thing of Cheese Hill: two life monitors, 100 rings.

And, following the advices of snow toilet, I changed a few things in Cheese Hill. Notice the palmtrees and the um... uh... "lake":

cheesehillagain1.pngcheesehillagain2.png

You'll all get fat with it.