A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Well, lemme give you guys new shots of the experiment I showed above, as I'm bored.

Ignore the graphics you can find in Sonic Worlds and look at the background.

whatdoIfeel3.pngwhatdoIfeel4-1.png

The photo below is sponsored by the little guy in my avatar.

whatdoIfeel5.png

I know this is all just a dumb use of some monochromatic effects and whatever Parallaxer object events, but I'm trying to see if I can make something with the same level of Suicide Mouse (no, I am not going to add screams to the background music, it is more intended to be depressive than scary, besides the last screen).

Hell, I don't even know why I am making it. I'll surely be bashed here for this.

PS. Nevermind if you're disturbed on what I'm trying to reproduce here. I'll probably scrap it forever and shred the file.

I know this is all just a dumb use of some monochromatic effects and whatever Parallaxer object events, but I'm trying to see if I can make something with the same level of Suicide Mouse (no, I am not going to add screams to the background music, it is more intended to be depressive than scary, besides the last screen).

Hell, I don't even know why I am making it. I'll surely be bashed here for this.

PS. Nevermind if you're disturbed on what I'm trying to reproduce here. I'll probably scrap it forever and shred the file.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that your mood was being affected by the zone's atmosphere, which just goes to show how powerful an effect it could have on players. In that case, it could either go horribly wrong or horribly right, depending on your aim.

In any case, I happen to think that it's a very unique artistic approach on a Sonic zone. :3

Quick question UC/Brushfire/Blazefire; why do you keep changing your username so often!? It's bloody confusing!

Also, isn't Blazefire a trolly trollman that keeps trying to register here regardless of the fact that he's been banned on multiple occasions?

@LH

I really love the look of this! I'd love to see how the background looks in motion.

@Sonicyoda: It was DW having fun when I asked him to change my username to my real name. Plus, I've been allowed back with the consent of Smidge, PC0 and Overbound. If you're a mod, check the mod forum. FTR, no.

PS: Don't believe everything you read.

Anyway, if you want to continue on this discussion I suggest PM.

Well, after some time I started working on Sonic Sapphire again. Progress was slowed due to me switching to a new computer.

[qimg]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Briraka/Saphire/rh_mock.png[/qimg]

Here's a new mock-up of Runic Hill Zone.

Holy Jesus, I remember you! Those graphics are very nicely done Bri. I really love that HUD ring and the Tree. I do find myself thinking the Inner part needs some toning down in terms of contrast though. Apart from that, looks pretty nifty.