A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

thmoontest.png

I've replaced Violet's wrist blaster from CTH with a pistol that fires narrower but faster shots. I'm also working on a move that allows her to throw enemies by walking up to them, Gunstar Heroes-style. I'm not sure if such a move would unbalance the gameplay, but in any case it's a good way for me to vent frustration when the enemies aren't behaving the way I want them to. xD

• Like 1

So early in fact there isn't really anything to comment on as this is little more than Sonic Dash.

That reminds me... Sonic D+ went to the trash, with my old HD -.-

Maybe there's a chance to get it back, but a very ver very small one -.-

42274268.png

Every time a new Sonic games announced I get in a fan gaming mood.

Unfortunately not this time. I just know I'll dead end in the same spot as I do before (minor nitpicks with engine, general engine problems, always being unsatisfied with what I sprite, etc.), and yet I make it out in my head that all I'd have to do is make 13 levels, a basic title screen, 7 bosses, and badniks. I mean this was literally Sonic 1 basics, no fancy shit. I already am usually like half way with tiles already. Too bad even with that, pulling out that is easier said than done. I'd rather not work with Multimedia Fusion again though (or Worlds at least), as a lot of the engine complications I had rooted from it.

"Well what about Scott??" I always wanted to use a Sonic game as a basis for getting ready to make Scott, but in more recent years I've wanted Scott to be something more original than just a cheap Mario and Sonic parody, and more in indy territory. As much as I brainstorm on this though, I'm not going to get far with it for many years because of the perfections I want in the game (or fuck that and just make a web cartoon out of the characters if I ever get flash). In a nutshell though, it suffers from the same problems a Sonic fan game would, but on a grander scale.

But yeah, Generations has me missing the simpler fan gaming days. I don't think I posted these tiles, so just something from the past.

I don't feel that this is really worthy of it's own topic but eh.

I've never had a problem with Imageshack. :V

I used to use Photobucket, but then they went bandwidth happy. I'm pretty content with where I am now though.

(The point of the post wasn't even so much the image...)

Also, thanks Felik. I hope I can put it to good use soon, since I do like it. :)

I've never had a problem with Imageshack. :V

I used to use Photobucket, but then they went bandwidth happy. I'm pretty content with where I am now though.

(The point of the post wasn't even so much the image...)

Also, thanks Felik. I hope I can put it to good use soon, since I do like it. :)

You should be happy if everyone can view your images :ssmile:

Ok apparently you just have to sign up at Imageshack, then you'll be allowed to see all the blocked images.

Anyways, awesome pic Sparks. I would love to play it :3.

Banana Countries down there don't exist.

Here*

As far as I remember, you're from one of the banana countries too. :P

• 2 weeks later...

A few months back I started work on a pokemon brawler game similar the wii game, Pokemon rumble, except in 2D. The sprites are from the mystery dungeon games, but the attack effects are from the main pokemon games and other games where effects were randomly ripped from. I have 8 Pokemon done so far and plan to add 2 more before the demo is out:

bor0050gif0b2i.gif bor0052gifgvz.gif bor0066gifxvgs.gif bor0074gifwwwj.gif

The stage they're fighting on is just a test stage I ripped from another game made with the OpenBOR engine, but I'll most likely use it for a story mode I plan to do in the long run.

P.S. incase anyone is wondering, the engine doesn't use MP bars for CPU entities or whoever you happen to be fighting, so..... you know...... :tstare:

P.S.2 I do have a topic of this up back at lavalit. you can check it out here:

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,5657.msg79456.html#msg79456

X)