A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Fuck you BlazeHedgehog... Bringing back those old memmories... I fucking love you. :V

So what happened? Did recovered your HD? Found an backup?

@Overbound: That looks awesome. I'm with Ollie... Hope that has an nice paralaxx >:

Yeah. Ages ago when the drive first "died" Epon suggested I plug it in to a USB HDD enclosure.

After spending literally months trying to repair the drive every other way, I gave up without trying the USB enclosure. I had a little bit of extra money to play with, so I bought one, and hey, it worked.

Don't expect anything too fancy though. I'm not "finishing" it, or at least, not to the standard I wanted to. A lot of it was completed, so I'll just be releasing it more or less as-is. A couple of things don't work right and it's missing a bunch of the bells and whistles I had planned... but for all intents and purposes, it'll be finished and released.

This also means I have all of Shadow of Chaos back, but that is kind of a mess and is in a far more unfinished state, so I don't know if I'll bother releasing that or not.

Gold = too bright. Doesn't go with the scenery. To stark a contrast.

Silver = you can barely see them against the rock face.

I'd recommend making them bronze and see how that looks.

@Blaze

You've made me a very happy man. Nostalgia! Please release Shadow of Chaos as well. That game was a proper laugh!

OH IT IS. But be careful with the amount of tiles you put here, just make sure the screen doesn't hurt your eyes with a big amount of details.

Definitely. Tails is beginning to get lost in those screenshots, adding any more detail will probably overpower him completely.

It kinda seems just a bit overdone to me, but I'm confident it will look better in motion. Otherwise, it looks really nice! Kinda reminds me of Jungle Joyride, actually.

aou8ec.jpg2n2042g.jpg

So I said three days. I think this counts as the fourth or fifth day. As usual, I went a bit overboard. The original plan was to bolt everything together and release it as-is, even if some of what was there was flat out busted. Long story short what was once a 70% complete build is probably more like 80%-85% complete now. Outside of a few (rarely present) ugly bugs and the absence of one huge time trial/leaderboard feature, this is probably going to function about like you'd expect if I'd finished the project four years ago like I originally intended.

There's still a handful of things I have left to do, and I keep remembering more, but they're small polish things so with any luck we're looking at a release either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. Thursday at the latest.

@LH

It is now a level that mix PalmTree panic (past) and aquatic ruin (with no water) and like those 2 levels, they have a bunch of of detail. that's why i added a bit too much. =/

well, i never saw an level with a too much detail that it hurted my eyes

the only thing that hurts me is a bad raised image(i do that sometimes =/)

@RedEchidna

Ok, no more detail

i only added a new background and that thing from angel island

Yes, it looks a lot better in motion.

---

can i ask a question?

what color should i use for the arrows?

@Lake Right, dude. I was just giving you a word of advice. It doesn't really mean that it hurts my eyes, I just wanted you to be careful if you're gonna add more tiles ;D

[qimg]http://i52.tinypic.com/aou8ec.jpg[/qimg][qimg]http://i55.tinypic.com/2n2042g.jpg[/qimg]

So I said three days. I think this counts as the fourth or fifth day. As usual, I went a bit overboard. The original plan was to bolt everything together and release it as-is, even if some of what was there was flat out busted. Long story short what was once a 70% complete build is probably more like 80%-85% complete now. Outside of a few (rarely present) ugly bugs and the absence of one huge time trial/leaderboard feature, this is probably going to function about like you'd expect if I'd finished the project four years ago like I originally intended.

There's still a handful of things I have left to do, and I keep remembering more, but they're small polish things so with any luck we're looking at a release either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. Thursday at the latest.

OHMYGÕÕÕÕD *faints*

I just... :tgrin:

New video up for Level Collab. Nothing big, neither official:

@Lake Right, dude. I was just giving you a word of advice. It doesn't really mean that it hurts my eyes, I just wanted you to be careful if you're gonna add more tiles ;D

New video up for Level Collab. Nothing big, neither official:

ok, thanks.

I'm not angry, i really like suggestions ;D

sory.

Amazing Ocean was really cool but i think the ocean's surface should be a little bigger

i didn't posted here but i made an video of my game too, go check out if you want:

i made this for "the fans" that always think I'm lazy and keep asking endlessly for the next episode of my animation... :tbored: