A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Call it Brazil Zone... Hahaha got it?

South Africa 2010

Brazil will be hexa-champion <3

I think that Honeycomb is a pretty name indeed. Honeycomb, Honeycomb, Honeycomb!

It is pretty sounding. I am sticking with Hexagon Hill. #1 - the title card is already done. 2. It has been that name since the beginning of its lifetime, talking 11 years.

But perhaps someday someone will create a honeycomb themed zone and call it Honeycomb Hill. I would personally like to see that too.

I decided to, *gasp*, try my hand out at making background tiles. Using the tiles in the Sonic Worlds stage as a template, I painted over the tiles in Paint.Net. And...

grasstiled.png

Okay, it could be worse, considering this is probably my first serious attempt at doing something like this. It's less 'sprited' and more 'painted', really, it's not supposed to look 16 bit, though I quite literally only used five colours in painting it. In any case, it's not too shabby, I think.

Hmm. Maybe I should try doing this style with a whole lot of other tiles, see how it all looks in-game. Who knows.

To wrap up the Hexagon Hill designs, extra special thanks to Overbound (and rep +) for the assistance, I'll post a tile example to show how I am applying his alterations to the set.

hhztsexp2.png

You'll see that I lightened the shadow inside the open hexagon cluster as LarkSS pointed out in Overbound's example that it was a bit too dark. I'll get more screenshots up as work continues.

• Like 1

To wrap up the Hexagon Hill designs, extra special thanks to Overbound (and rep +) for the assistance, I'll post a tile example to show how I am applying his alterations to the set.

[qimg]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9075/hhztsexp2.png[/qimg]

You'll see that I lightened the shadow inside the open hexagon cluster as LarkSS pointed out in Overbound's example that it was a bit too dark. I'll get more screenshots up as work continues.

Yeah all my edits were rather sloppy just meant to show the idea, I'm to lazy to do actual work for you XD. Anyway these tiles are looking excellent.

So I did some more tiling, and added the tiles into my game to see how they looked, plus added in the Marble Garden Zone background...

scwcgrassscreen.png

Okay, it actually looks pretty good, even though the slopes don't have grass shading yet-oh, whoops, that little spike-thing isn't supposed to be visible. Gah.

Here are some screenshots that I have been meaning to post. The screenshots show Crystal Cave Zone, the Ice shield I have been working on and a very early picture of Endless Mine Zone (started re-working it)

rqyhrc.png27xdtu.png350ph1i.png

2e4b3g9.png2ui9loj.png

I'm not very happy with the background to Crystal Cave Zone it seems to plain. Still thinking on what to add to it.

Like your screens,Mobiethian!Nice job!

I think it'll be interesting to play as Fang.Will he have some kind special gimmiks?

Thanks! Well, I do have a plan to have him utilize his cap gun/pistol to destroy enemies but that may be a tough one to implement in the engine sprites and create events to make it work. I do have the sprites readily available however:

nackshoot.png

Designed by someone named Silverbolt, but I slightly altered the palette.

So I did some more tiling, and added the tiles into my game to see how they looked, plus added in the Marble Garden Zone background...

[qimg]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3104/scwcgrassscreen.png[/qimg]

Okay, it actually looks pretty good, even though the slopes don't have grass shading yet-oh, whoops, that little spike-thing isn't supposed to be visible. Gah.

I think if you add more contrast to the dirt it would look even better. Mr. S those look great.