A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Crazy glitches you've found in any game?

lone8643

Wow i'd be pissed if that glitch ruined one of my battles.

I don't remember how many times I had to record the fight, but obviously not enough to be upset over it.

Looks like she was perhaps nudged past a point she was designated to stop on and thus never got the command to stop. I notice that she "falls" after being blasted off the stage, probably a collision error?

It was a glitch with the new move being used on her, hence it getting removed from following patch revision.

Figured this would be a good place to ask, since this is a Bug/Glitch Topic...

Am I the only one who has had exactly zero problems while playing the PS2 versions of Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog?

For me, both games ran at 40~60fps and I haven't experienced any terrible (or memorable) errors.

EDIT: I lied, the physics have whacked-out, but I assume that happens in all versions.

Ah, thanks for the correction...

The only case I can remember with endless homing attacks was against the Egg Hawk and the Egg Albatross, for obvious reasons.

Oh wait, yeah. I remember the physics goofing in a Special Stage... Glad it was just a Bonus Stage, not a Chaos Emerald Race...

I was bouncing off a chain of spring-balls and when I landed, I went backwards for nearly a full second. (Playing as Amy, if that matters at all.)

I always remembered heroes to be a pretty solid game, stupid always came from the homing attack or something else that involves homing.

shadow the hedgehog was the same way. And i actually remember enjoying it alot, despite how ugly and stupid it was. Felt good to just play a linear platformer for once.

After playing that game for the first time last year... I do not see where the enjoyment comes from. Everything about that game was ass. Most of the missions were either really boring or just really frustrating. Better than 06 though, but not by much.

Anyways for glitches I've encountered, there was one when I booted up Pokemon Blue in recent years (despite knowing that the save battery has long died). I select New Game and Professor Oak appears... then suddenly the graphics glitch up a bit and the game freezes while it plays a bunch of random Pokemon cries and then proceeds to play a distorted "music" (the game data is really corrupted). It was really unsettling but kind of cool.

Oh god, Chronicles is chalk full of all manner of bugs and general shit. Not to say it's a bad game, just a rather poorly made one.

But... doesn't that mean it's a bad game then? :P Actually I guess you can get away with saying it's an okay game while it's poorly made.

I had no idea Chronicles was glitchy though, I only know it has god awful music and sound effects and that the battle system got tedious or something. Glad I skipped.

bit off-topic here...

The programming in Goldeneye 007 for N64 was all over the place for a long time, so much so that Nintendo stopped paying Rare (but Rare kept paying its employees. hell yeah!). Somehow Rare came out with something amazing. Dunno what happened w/ Shadow's game in that case. I can't comment on it having never played it.

An update: found a level-clipping glitch in Sonic Adventure, then another, and another. Oh, boy it's gonna be a glitchy ride the next few days. I'm going to BREAK this game.