A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Crazy glitches you've found in any game?

lone8643

I found this one about an hour and a half ago while recording footage for a review...

Every time in the past I've found a cool glitch, it's not new, so I'm crossing my fingers on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4uyg3190MI

Basically, I have no idea what I did, but I swam through the floor, in the walls, and skipped the entire level. Game is Ecco the Dolphin - Hard Water level.

I have this tendency to find crazy glitches without even trying. I'd like to hear what crazy stuff you all have found...

Well, at one point playing Sonic 2 via Classics Collection (NDS), I was going through Oil Ocean Act 2 and Tails (for no reason I know of) jumped or was forced into the HUD layer... There are no collisions there, so he kind of just ran on the air while slowly floating toward me at all times... This fixed itself once he was deemed too far away and respawned, but it was still weird as hell.

EDIT: I actually have one theory as to why it happened...

I remember reading an article about Classics Collection, probably on Wikipedia or Sonic Retro...

Basically, the compilation is based on a Java emulator for Mac (I think), and either due to the port itself or because the emulator was incomplete, it mistakes one specific function call for another, which can cause a few minor errors in various games.

I remember this one glitch in Fallout 3 where a dead enemies body completely spazzed out after I shot it with the Missile Launcher.

And in skyrim, the floating mammoths...

Few other games, I managed to fall out of the map. Croc 2, DMC4, Sonic Heroes, Fallout 3, Assassins Creed 1.

There's heaps more but I can't remember them all.

Got this one yesterday

Sorry, Raptr screenshot its interface as well

2012-10-06_02-39-33.jpg

No, that's not a load error, I just was attacking the walls of an elevator while going up in the Salvation level, and then, in the end, the elevator itself started to spin. I, well, jumped on the gap, and fell endlessly until I got there.

theres this one glitch I found while playing SA2B when I went up against Shadow.

I even recorded it:

Sonic doing absolutely nothing? Possibly an oversight, they're expecting you to do something in order to activate his AI.

The track ending? Either completely intentional ot just a limitation of the system. (Maps could only be so big, I would assume.)

Sonic doing absolutely nothing? Possibly an oversight, they're expecting you to do something in order to activate his AI.

The track ending? Either completely intentional ot just a limitation of the system. (Maps could only be so big, I would assume.)

I always thought the level was looped until I saw that. You could be right about the limitation. But if this were to happen in Sonic Adventure, I wouldn't be surprised if it was unintentional.

That wasn't a glitch. Especially since the cannon countdown timer BEFORE the cutscene said something like, what, 4 minutes and 50 seconds? And im almost 100% positive that stage was composed of looping segments. Not an actual map.

I'm no programmer, but even I can't think of any reason why such a simple stage would have glitched out based on the level clock, at least not at a mere 10 minutes, when the HUD clock already accounts for a 'tens' in minutes.

I can't personally remember if SA2 killed you for taking 10 minutes to beat a stage (other than Cannon's Core which i know for a FACT it doesn't do). But if this is a glitch, it's 1) an extremely lazy one and 2) very conveniently specific

And i dont view Sonic 06 as a videogame. More like a cruel joke sega played on themselves. That entire game played like one big glitch.

Wow i'd be pissed if that glitch ruined one of my battles

Looks like she was perhaps nudged past a point she was designated to stop on and thus never got the command to stop. I notice that she "falls" after being blasted off the stage, probably a collision error?

armchair programmers on the case here at sfghq

except all programmers are armchair programmers so stick that in your pipe and smoke it

2k6 could've been a good game if the team had one more year for development.

Shut up please. We don't need that discussion again.

thats not even a discussion, theres no debate to be had, that game was poop rice and if you think otherwise you are not smart, in fact we should ban you

I'm not surprised that you're tired of hearing people flame about the game because I am too, but he wasn't the one that started that discussion (:

You misunderstood my intentions. I'm tired of the kids who insist that by some magical standard that the game has any redeeming qualities.