A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I just got hired at Taco Bell!

Eminence

In order:

Congrats!

IT? Nice! I've yet to get certifications for MSFT and Cisco (although I'm debating whether or not to get them or pursue a different path altogether).

Right now, I'm currently unemployed. ;_; I'm hoping to get something going with one of the local c-stores or the Alco store that just opened where I'm at. *fingers crossed*

I work for a Japanese logistics company. We have a number of factories we support around here, and they send a lot of stuff (auto parts mostly) to Japan.

Although, I have sent a bunch of used clothes to a warehouse in Bangkok before. Apparently, Asia really likes used American clothing. I'm thinking of giving up my day job and just going around to thrift stores buying used clothes.

I currently work at an office downtown where I live, even though I'm only 14 almost 15. My boss also works for my mom, she has me filing papers, photocopying shit, typing stuff up, nothing all that special. I'm getting my first check for $400 on Friday. I'm getting paid $1200 for the summer, in increments of 400, 500, then 300.

Although I would like, I don't work in anything currently. As I study on a public (federal) school, I tried to get a job there because of some sort of government program. The problem is that they choose the candidates by socioeconomic status, and as I'm not thaaaaaat poor, I couldn't get it. Sad.

Well, next year, as I'll be on the second grade, I could try getting the monitor job. As that one actually involves an exam, at least I'll have a better chance. Although I don't hope for much since the professors are currently on a strike and I already lost half of the school year because of this and everything is getting delayed. But meh.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Eminence; having money coming in is a nice feeling. XD

As for me, after a six month stint of homelessness I got a job with the local police which I enjoy quite a bit. I'm also helping my landlord with his business/charity as a graphic designer/general tech dude. Keeps me busy.

• 2 weeks later...

I work at a generic fast food place on my college campus. I perform a plethora of tasks, such as dishes, taco station, fryer, and sandwich. Making sandwiches for drunk people when you work the closing shift is always an enjoyable experience. Chicken fingers, chipotle, and peanut butter comes to mind. How could someone EAT that?