A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Leaked Q & A about PS3

Asuma

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a huge Wii60 supporter, but this has nothing to do with my comment.

I Seriously think PS3 is going to be the fall of the Playstation line. They dont care about people who want to buy one on a low budget. Now, I personally never baught nor liked the PS line, but I know they will sell well. I have to say the worst thing I ever heard from the gaming industry came from sony when they siad somthing like "if you want ps3 get two jobs" so IMO, I hope Playstation dies to make room for Microsoft and Nintendo.

>_> So should I just buy a laptop and wait for a PS3 emulator? Seriously that was the worst crap for a game system ever. Though Game system once were known as computer entertainment systems.*Look at old Odyssey 2* Yep I still have it and it works like it was brand new!

the laptop comment was about how they're saying the PS3 is a computer and not a gaming system.

Right, and that dildo is actually a lightsaber.

I remember this episode of Grounded for Life, where they're trying to buy a new car, and the salesman is stalking them and then won't shut up, but never calls the cars "cars", but vehicles. After arguing, the father says "just admit that they're cars" and the salesman says "...you mean the vehicles?"

Oh, and Atlus' localization team working on Contact has made a few cheap shots on Sony:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/25/pile-on-contact-takes-a-jab-at-sony-meme/

I personally think the only reason the Playstation line went anywhere is because of the fact that thousands of games, albeit ____ty ones, were able to be produced quickly. So, when the PS2 premiered ahead of everyone, it already has a ____load of games (literally). That, and with the benefit of time, the PS2 became the best selling system.

With its expensive price tag, late release, and the loss of the ability to produce games like crazy, the PS3 is going to have BIG problems.

Squaresoft? Capcom? Who gives a ____? Everyone wants Madden.

PS2 won because of the DVD. When if first came out, DVD players costed a lot. PS2 was $300. At least, that's how it got popular in the first place.

See, playstation 1 was always sorta look apon as generic in my area, so where I live, everyone had an N64. So then PS2 comes out, and I would get into debates with others on GCN vs. PS2. The only thing they ever really said to me was "But you can't play DVDs on a Gamecube."

Of course, another thing that happened a lot was that people would constantly say x was a million times more powerful. Waiting in line for the Gamecube at launch, a mother said "I heard the Gamecube is more powerful than the Xbox." I heard a LOT of kids say on the bus "PS2 has better graphics. It's a million times better than the Gaycube."

When N64 and PS1 were at it, my dad would insist that the PS1 was better than the N64 in specs (my dad's a Sony fan, although the second I get a new Zelda game, he's all over it.)

Ignorance is bliss, and the fanboys will always turn the tides of the war.

Cause there's no real need for it right now other than for storage. A DVD can hold more than a movie alone, and few people look at the extra features unless they're really worth looking at (Advent Children's "Making of" Featurette.)

A blu-ray movie would basically give me better quality in audio and visual, sure, but you know what? Watching a DVD on my normal, not plasma, not high def TV is just fine with me. Just give me holograms.

Wii+Holographic output=win

Yeah, the simple fact that there were bajillions of PS2 games within even the first year of launch certainly sold many. I mean, the 360 has had what...20 games so far at the most in the UK, and at least half are ports.

Well, Sony doesn't even want to SAY how many launch titles they have. A simple "we have not disclosed a final number yet" would have been fine. Sony took a rather stupid route...and on their own press release.

What if someone asked that at a press conference? Would they still say "we'll have great quality games for launch!"?

Guest Shadix
Cause there's no real need for it right now other than for storage. A DVD can hold more than a movie alone, and few people look at the extra features unless they're really worth looking at (Advent Children's "Making of" Featurette.)

A blu-ray movie would basically give me better quality in audio and visual, sure, but you know what? Watching a DVD on my normal, not plasma, not high def TV is just fine with me. Just give me holograms.

Wii+Holographic output=win

You are forgetting force-feedback. I want my sword to actually feel like it hit something and prevent me from swinging any farther. (they can easily overdo this though. I just want to feel collisions, not recoil :E.)

there is a device for mid-air resistance. currently being used as an exercise device. Nintendo may want to think about incorparating it into their next console, or even release it during the wii's reign. Though it may turn out to be like what the dual shock was for the ps1. Only one or two games actually using the added features and thus rendering the new pad a waste of money.