A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog RPG: Fight for Mobius (Working title)

Sonic The Hedgehog: Fight for Mobius is an RPG being made in RPG Maker VX ACE. The game will be split into chapters (since it's based off SMRPG and Paper Mario). I don't have much for this game yet, just some screens.

Story

Not much for the story yet. I'll post more here as development goes on.

Screenshots:

knucklesscreen.png

screenshotamy.png

screenshotcream.png

screenshotrecolor.png

screenshotsonic.png

screenshottails.png

shadowku.png

shadowscreen.png

Features -

6 playable characters, 5 more unlockable through cheats you can get hidden throughout the game.

Game is split into chapters. You will play as different characters through different chapters. Oh, and I tried to take a Sonic 06 turn here, but in some chapters you get to have like partner characters who aren't usually playable alone.

Chapters -

Here are the chapters I got so far and who you will play as in these chapters

Prologue - Sonic

Chapter 1 - Amy (And on occasions, Cream)

Chapter 2 - Sonic (And on occasions, Tails)

Chapter 3 - Tails

(The game will have up to 10 chapters)

Playable characters:

Sonic

Tails

Amy

???

???

???

(These characters will be revealed as time goes on.)

Unlockable:

???

???

???

???

???

(These characters will be revealed as time goes on.)

Music: The music will be done by one of my friends and by myself. We will use music from Sonic games on occasions.

Demo: A demo will be released in ethier May or June. I don't really want to release a demo, since I think releasing a demo is techinally saying PLEASE JUDGE THIS UNFINISIHED GAME!oenoeneoneoene

A video will also be up soon.

So, should I go with this project?

It's okay, but if you can... Zoom the camera in! It's deathly obvious you're using RPG-Maker. Not a good thing.

Also, if you're making it in English, Amy should be saying "Sonic" instead of "ソニック". But the weeb-chick obsessing over Shadow is alright using "Kun". Just remember to keep identifiable characters canonical up to and throughout the dialogue.

You probably shouldn't be using Japanese honorifics in English.

Fix'd

Yeaaaaah, about the only exception to this rule should probably be for something that actually takes place in Japan like SMT. Trying to do so for the already largely western-inspired Sonic franchise just makes for a lot of awkwardness.