A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Recommendations

Khorney

Holy shit just logged in for first time since 2008. Currently playing a few sawnic games after giving generations a go. After reading through reams of SAGE stuff, most things seem dead or abandoned, so figured the best way to get up to speed would be to ask!

So has anything actually been finished in the 4 year interim? whats worth playing? fire away!

Sonic Classic was finished by Hez see Sonic Retro, Sonic Before the Sequel was finished by LakeFeperd, and vexer finished Sonic Axiom. Sonic Fusion by Felik while not finished has some pretty awesome demos around. All 4 are based off worlds or one of Dami's other 360 engines in MMF. They aren't on the site but a quick search of the forums or google should prove fruitful.

I'm still working on Time Twisted with as part of a team and Emerald Ties recently had a resurgence. Strife and Lakefeperd are also working on new games. I bet SAGE 2012 is going to be pretty awesome so be sure you are around for that.

Most people are using Sonic Worlds and MMF. There are a few people using Sonic Dash with Game Maker. Both made by Dami and company.

Time Twisted used to use Sonic Dash for my 2010 and 2011 demos. Those demos can be found here:

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/139463-sonic-time-twisted-perplex-puzzle-demo

We are now a 1:1 accurate engine made by Mercury on GM called AeStHete which as yet to have a public release. Only an engine test has been released. http://timetwisted.sonicstrike.net/dl/SonicGMX.zip

ProSonic isn't officially dead but saxman hasn't worked on it in years. He stopped a couple of years ago because he had promised to help the Sonic 2 HD team with their engine. He has since released the source code in the hope that someone will turn it into the engine he wanted it to be.