A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My Sonic GDK Map.

To be honest, you won't get that much of a reply if you show something that looks like you threw it together in 5 mins. That's why Streak said you need to have more content in your level. Even fangamers don't post there test level.

To be honest, you won't get that much of a reply if you show something that looks like you threw it together in 5 mins. That's why Streak said you need to have more content in your level. Even fangamers don't post there test level.

OK, first of all, I just got UDK/GDK a month ago, and I just started building my map 2 weeks ago, do do not say that I threw it together in 5 mins, cause I have been working hard on this map, and I am proud of myself. And for my map having to have more content, I do agree 100% that it does, but my map is still a work in progress, and yes it does kinda look like a test level, but when it is done, I hope it won't look like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dude this is amazing. It still boggles me to this day why SEGA hasn't fired everyone in the dev team and commissioned people from the community to make Sonic games for them!

We can kinda say that Taxman had that luck. But in any case,

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3939

Got another video uploaded, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuWR0Am5fwE&feature=youtu.be

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but you'd better pick up which option you want: If you want to improve your level design or just mess up with the Engine. I assume that if you're posting your level's videos here, you want people to give you feedback to make it more funny, beautiful and etc, am I right?

It's OK for an eventual Test Level of someone messing up with the Sonic GDK Engine, but oh, sorry, it doesn't look like a real level - and I'm talking about its layout, platforms and enemies positioning, etc.

Why must the enemies for Homing Attack be so next to the others and make a perfect 90° path? And I ask the same thing for the Hover.

Also, I assume this might be the first level you make, right? I know Sonic is all about cool loops and unexplainable stuff, but you're abusing WAY too much of the "flying platforms" concept. It's OK that the platformer games usually have floating bumpers, floating platforms and etc, but they all don't seem so odd because they all seem connected somehow. I mean, there's CONTINUOUS GROUND on the level.

I also think that it's probably time for you to swap those textures with something more homogeneous.